Cuda on Jetson Nano

Hi,

I have some questions related to CUDA and other Libraries. We build/customize L4T BSP to create our own board specific BSP Image from the source and we flash eMMC.

1)Can we include or exclude CUDA while building from source? by making changes to makefile or something? Or by default it will be included in the BSP?

2)Can we use jetpack itself without flashing the OS and drivers to install packages after flashing the eMMC? If I do so will that alter my driver or OS?

1. Can I install these Libraries once I flash the BSP and it is up and running using commands?

2. What is the best way you suggest to install/add CUDA or other libraries if I build BSP from sources?

5)Can users create target images by incorporating user-developed software into the BSP later?

hi venkatraman.bhat:
1)Can we include or exclude CUDA while building from source? by making changes to makefile or something? Or by default it will be included in the BSP?
CUDA is not default in BSP, it is installed after OS installed

2)Can we use jetpack itself without flashing the OS and drivers to install packages after flashing the eMMC? If I do so will that alter my driver or OS?
yes ,you can select install Jetson SDK Componetns only with sdkmanager

3. Can I install these Libraries once I flash the BSP and it is up and running using commands?
the first time you should use sdkmanager install all the SDK packages include CUDA, then you can update them with OTA
https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/l4t/index.html#page/Tegra%20Linux%20Driver%20Package%20Development%20Guide/updating_jetson_and_host.html
4. What is the best way you suggest to install/add CUDA or other libraries if I build BSP from sources?
sdkmanger is easy way
5)Can users create target images by incorporating user-developed software into the BSP later?
yes ,you can clone sys image
https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/l4t/index.html#page/Tegra%20Linux%20Driver%20Package%20Development%20Guide/flashing.html#wwpID0E0JN0HA

1 Like

Hi,
Our customer’s Question:

The capacity of emmc of floyd-NX is 16GB.

The size when BSP is running is 8.5GB.

If I install jetpack in this state,

an error will occur due to insufficient capacity.

($ sudo apt install nvidia-jetpack

A disk overflow error will occur.)

I need to reduce the size of the BSP to install jetpack.

Can ywe make a small size BSP?

Or is there another good way?

On the NVIDIA site,

There is the following command.

I was able to install it, but it failed to start.

At this time, the disk capacity was very low.

If disk space is limited, when using 16GB , what can be done? please advice

$ apt depends nvidia-jetpack | awk…

hi vbhm,
aflter flashed OS, after Jectpack4.4, you can update with OTA
NVIDIA Jetson Linux Developer Guide : Over-the-Air Update | NVIDIA Docs

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.