CUDA samples on Shield Tablet

Hello Everyone,

I am sorry if I am asking something trivial here, but I am feeling rather confused about this right now.
I have installed TADP on my windows 8.1 machine and everything seems fine. I can write simple applications (either native or java) in visual studio and run them on my tablet. However I am not sure how can I write some CUDA code that would run on my tablet. Should I just create a native project and add all the necessary cuda includes and libs like when I do the same for my pc?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You!

Hi, User PV

For developing Cuda on Android, you need to have an Ubuntu 1204 development PC. The Cuda Toolkit is accessible from the TADP linux version, that’s not available in windows version so far.

There are some ready to use CUDA samples for you to reference.

And you need a CUDA capable device using NVIDIA Tegra K1 or later chips.

Hi,

I am developing for Shield tablet and managed to run all CUDA and OpenCV samples on the tablet. I am on Ubuntu 14.04LTS. I was thinking about using Android Studio as IDE but it does not seem to support NDK yet so I am sticking to Eclipse for now.

I have not tried this on Windows so I can’t help you there. However, if you have Shield tablet then you will definitely be able to do CUDA development for it.

Let us know how you get on!

Martin