CUDA SDK 3 beta + Visual Studio 2010 beta is it possible?

Anyone succeeded to use that VS version for building CUDA/OpenCL samples?

Well, I’ve had no trouble using VS2010 with OpenCL.NET. In F#, no less. If nothing else, using GASS’s .NET wrappers should intrinsically isolate the cuda/openCL portion from the Visual Studio compiled code.

Does it mean that samples, provided in CUDA SDK should be modified for successful build?

I use no .NET or any “#” extensions.

EDIT:

Output log:

1>------ Build started: Project: vectorAdd, Configuration: EmuRelease Win32 ------

1>Build started 26.12.2009 1:46:05.

1>_PrepareForBuild:

1> Creating directory “EmuRelease”.

1> Creating “EmuRelease\vectorAdd.unsuccessfulbuild” because “AlwaysCreate” was specified.

1>_CUDA_Build_Rule:

1> Compiling with CUDA Build Rule…

1>p:\bin\NVIDIA GPU Computing SDK\C\common\Cuda.targets(44,5): error MSB3686: Unable to create Xaml task. Compilation failed.

1>p:\bin\NVIDIA GPU Computing SDK\C\common\Cuda.targets(44,5): error MSB3686: Unrecognized escape sequence

1>p:\bin\NVIDIA GPU Computing SDK\C\common\Cuda.targets(44,5): error MSB3686: Unrecognized escape sequence

1>p:\bin\NVIDIA GPU Computing SDK\C\common\Cuda.targets(44,5): error MSB3686:

1>p:\bin\NVIDIA GPU Computing SDK\C\common\Cuda.targets(44,5): error MSB4036: The “CUDA_Build_Rule” task was not found. Check the following: 1.) The name of the task in the project file is the same as the name of the task class. 2.) The task class is “public” and implements the Microsoft.Build.Framework.ITask interface. 3.) The task is correctly declared with in the project file, or in the *.tasks files located in the “C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.21006” directory.

1>

1>Build FAILED.

1>

1>Time Elapsed 00:00:01.24

========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

I’m hitting this exact error, did you ever get a resolution?

Looks like this was answered here. Seems there’s an issue with the beta drop of VS 2010.

My solution was to uninstall VS2010 and install VS2008. Sadly that M$ calls “beta” such alpha-looking stuff…

I assume Raistmer was looking to use CUDA in the normal way (to compile his projects to native code), not to use a .NET wrapper around the driver.