Cuda SDK Compile problems

I have installed the driver and the toolkit with out any problems (i think!).

I begin to compile the sdk examples and i am working through missing libraries links etc and ran across this one.

threadMigration.cpp:109: warning: ignoring return value of ‘size_t fread(void*, size_t, size_t, FILE*)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
obj/x86_64/release/threadMigration.cpp.o: In function ThreadProc(_CUDAContext_st*)': threadMigration.cpp:(.text+0x1de): undefined reference to cuMemcpyDtoH_v2’
threadMigration.cpp:(.text+0x27a): undefined reference to cuMemFree_v2' obj/x86_64/release/threadMigration.cpp.o: In function runTest(int, char**)‘:
threadMigration.cpp:(.text+0x5fd): undefined reference to cuCtxCreate_v2' threadMigration.cpp:(.text+0x6a9): undefined reference to cuMemFree_v2’
threadMigration.cpp:(.text+0x8dc): undefined reference to cuMemAlloc_v2' threadMigration.cpp:(.text+0xbb3): undefined reference to cuMemFree_v2’
threadMigration.cpp:(.text+0xc39): undefined reference to cuMemFree_v2' collect2: ld returned 1 exit status make[1]: *** [../../bin/linux/release/threadMigration] Error 1 make[1]: Leaving directory /home/cah/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/src/threadMigration’
make: *** [src/threadMigration/Makefile.ph_build] Error 2

I am missing a pretty important library, no?

I have installed the driver and the toolkit with out any problems (i think!).

I begin to compile the sdk examples and i am working through missing libraries links etc and ran across this one.

threadMigration.cpp:109: warning: ignoring return value of ‘size_t fread(void*, size_t, size_t, FILE*)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
obj/x86_64/release/threadMigration.cpp.o: In function ThreadProc(_CUDAContext_st*)': threadMigration.cpp:(.text+0x1de): undefined reference to cuMemcpyDtoH_v2’
threadMigration.cpp:(.text+0x27a): undefined reference to cuMemFree_v2' obj/x86_64/release/threadMigration.cpp.o: In function runTest(int, char**)‘:
threadMigration.cpp:(.text+0x5fd): undefined reference to cuCtxCreate_v2' threadMigration.cpp:(.text+0x6a9): undefined reference to cuMemFree_v2’
threadMigration.cpp:(.text+0x8dc): undefined reference to cuMemAlloc_v2' threadMigration.cpp:(.text+0xbb3): undefined reference to cuMemFree_v2’
threadMigration.cpp:(.text+0xc39): undefined reference to cuMemFree_v2' collect2: ld returned 1 exit status make[1]: *** [../../bin/linux/release/threadMigration] Error 1 make[1]: Leaving directory /home/cah/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/src/threadMigration’
make: *** [src/threadMigration/Makefile.ph_build] Error 2

I am missing a pretty important library, no?

The sdk has a utility library supplied in source form ths must be built before you can compile individual projects. If you execute make in the common subdirectory, it will be built. The top level makefile does this automatically if you build the whole sdk from the C directory.

The sdk has a utility library supplied in source form ths must be built before you can compile individual projects. If you execute make in the common subdirectory, it will be built. The top level makefile does this automatically if you build the whole sdk from the C directory.

yeah, it goes into the common directory and compiles with no problems.

yeah, it goes into the common directory and compiles with no problems.

Solved, I reinstalled the driver, again, and it all compiles correctly. On to another problem.

Solved, I reinstalled the driver, again, and it all compiles correctly. On to another problem.