CUDA Video Converter Advanced Version will not open

Hello All, first visit first post, I hope y’all don’t mind me joining then only bringing my issues to the board;-) Anyhow as title says, I cannot get my paid up version of CUDA Video Converter Advanced Version to open. I have sent two mails to support@cuda-soft.com but seems they don’t reply, as I have found with a few software purveyors. Below is the mail I sent to them including my more than able System Info.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Steve

Hi,

this 7.2 version was working great for me for a longtime but now when I try to open the program it appears to stop at FWPUCLNT.DLL then gives up altogether.

I have tried uninstall and reinstall but same issue. Can you help?

rgds
Stephen Smart

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
System Model HP Pavilion g7 Notebook PC
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel® Core™ i5-2450M CPU @ 2.50GHz, 2501 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Insyde F.66, 24-1-2013
SMBIOS Version 2.7

Locale Nederland
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = “6.1.7601.17514”
User Name Stefan-HP\Stefan
Time Zone W. Europe Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 6,00 GB
Total Physical Memory 5,95 GB
Available Physical Memory 3,63 GB
Total Virtual Memory 15,6 GB
Available Virtual Memory 13,3 GB
Page File Space 9,66 GB

I am afraid I have no idea what this means: “when I try to open the program it appears to stop at FWPUCLNT.DLL then gives up altogether.” Since the software in question appears to be closed source, there is no easy way for us to find out what may be going on. Working with the software vendor should be your primary course of action. What rights you have as a paying customer will depend on the consumer protection laws of your country of residency.

Generally, unless it has a built-in time limit (e.g. a license with an expiration date), software does not just stop working. Previously working software can however start to malfunction after changes are made to the system it is running on, e.g. due to incompatibilities or removal of support. These could be software or hardware changes. So one thing you could try is to undo the changes made to the system since this software last worked.

I do not see a CUDA-capable GPU listed in your hardware description, so it is not clear whether your issues are related to CUDA at all. Note that support for GPUs with compute capability 1.x was removed from NVIDIA drivers (graphics and CUDA) some while ago.

Sorry not very clear…when loading you see the various components do so until it gets to FWPUCLNT.DLL then hangs, then doesn’t open the program. I suppose I was looking for an obvious reason from someone, I will review new hardware. Thnx and sorry, doesn’t appear the correct forum for this…