CUDA VS Wizard 2.0 Release

Any idea why I keep getting “Error spawning ‘cmd.exe’.” error when I try to build the sample project?

Btw, thank you for this great wizard, it took a lot of work from our shoulders :)

if i run wizard install as administrator is this a same ?
What i must doing ?

rafał

If i run wizard install in administrator right is this a same ?
what i must doing ?

rafał

If i run wizard install in administrator right is this a same ?
what i must doing ?

rafał

check : System Variables:

%SystemRoot%\system32;

%SystemRoot%;

%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;

run the VS in administrator one time~

Hilarrious, thank you :) I just added cmd.exe’s path to search paths for compiling VC++ projects and it worked like a charm. Oddly enough though it wasn’t on the list. Any apparent reason?

First of all THANKS!!!
That is a real life improver.
I downloaded it and installed it on 2 systems one with VS2005 and one with VS2008.

I try to compile the default project that comes with the wizard, and I get during run time the error “This application has failed to start because cutil32D.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.”

I can solve it if I put a path to “C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA CUDA SDK\bin\win32(1 of 4 relevant directories)” OR copy it to the relevant directory(Debug in this example).

Is there a better solution? Am I doing something wrong?

it doesn’t matter.

may be when you uninstall some softs which breaks the environment variable.

yes, it’ right.

I’m having trouble running the Wizard 2.0 64bit version with VS 2008 Standard Edition on XP x64. I’ve been loving the 32 bit version on VC 2005 Express Edition no problems on 32 bit XP, but now my 64 bit server has arrived and I cannot create a project using the wizard. Compiling the example CUDA applications is fine.
I have run both the Wizard and VS as Administrator with no restrictions but when I try to create a new CUDA project I get a “project creation failed” in the status bar.
The Event Viewer has this error too: One or more Visual Studio templates do not match any installed project packages.

I am using the CUDA SDK 2.1 BETA. Would this be causing the problems?

Your help with this excellent resource is very much appreciated.

Thanks,
John

One more detail, the 32 bit Wizard runs fine on the 64 bit machine, only the 64 bit version of the Wizard is having problems. Another user on the CUDA on Vista forum is also having the same issue.

Thanks again,
John

can you show me some categories of the VS?

could you write an email to me?

I need some details.

Thanks

Thanks so much, I’ve sent you an e-mail with the details.

Thanks,

John

Hello,

First of all, thank you very much for this template/wizard, I’m sure it will result in quite a lot of time saved for myself!

I am, however, having an issue. When I try to compile the sample.cu file I get the following build error:
[font=“Lucida Console”]
Compiling…
The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.
Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from “Compiling…”[/font]

I looked at the properties for the sample.cu file and found the command line command to be the following:

[font=“Lucida Console”]“C:\Program Files\CUDA\bin;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\bin\nvcc.exe” -ccbin “C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\bin” -I"C:\Program Files\CUDA\include" -I"“C:\Program Files\CUDA\CUDA SDK”\common\inc" -O0 -D_DEBUG -D_CONSOLE -arch compute_10 -code sm_10 --host-compilation C++ -g -c -m 32 -o “Debug\sample.obj” -odir “Debug” -ext none -int real “c:\Documents and Settings\Steven\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects[b]CUDATest\CUDATest\sample.cu[/b]”[/font]

The item in bold is what I believe is an issue. The correct path should be …\CUDATest\CUDATest\sample.cu but instead the extra \ is being added there.

I can’t seem to find anywhere where I can modify this value. Any ideas? (Thanks in advance)

–Edit–

I have tried it in both VS2008 and VS2005, with the same issue.

I can create and compile a basic Visual C++ application fine, but I cannot do the same for a CUDA one. I am assuming the double backslash in the command line is what is causing this issue.

if it’s the problem, you can edit the cuda.rules in the “D:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\VCProjectDefaults”

then find this command CommandLine=""$(CUDA_BIN_PATH)\nvcc.exe" [AllOptions] [AdditionalOptions] "$(InputDir)$(InputFileName)"

then change it to CommandLine=""$(CUDA_BIN_PATH)\nvcc.exe" [AllOptions] [AdditionalOptions] "$(InputDir)$(InputFileName)"

We found out what my problem was. In the file C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\vcprojects\CUDA64WinApp.vsz there is a small typo error for the 64 bit version. If you only have VS 2008 installed and no previous version on a 64-bit system then you need to correct this typo before the 64 bit Wizard will run.

The line
Wizard=VsWizard.VsWizardEngine.8.0
should be:
Wizard=VsWizard.VsWizardEngine.9.0

Cheers,
John

Thank you very much for the help.

I can now properly compile a .cu file, but I cannot run it under Visual Studio (2005 or 2008). If I attempt to do so I get an error:

[font=“Lucida Console”]This application has failed to start because cutil32.dll was not found[/font]…

If this is within the scope of what you are willing to help with, any further ideas? I have confirmed that cutil32.dll exists in …\CUDA_SDK\common\lib, \CUDA_SDK\bin\win32\EmuRelease and \CUDA_SDK\bin\win32\Release.

I’m not sure what needs to be set to “register” it though! If I add the dll to the Project Properties > Linker > Additional Dependencies then the project no longer compiles with the error: \

[font=“Lucida Console”]1>C:\CUDA\CUDA_SDK\common\lib\cutil32.dll : fatal error LNK1107: invalid or corrupt file: cannot read at 0x2A8

[/font]

I have tried re-installing the CUDA toolkit and SDK but that did not help.

–Edit–

By copying cutil32.dll into the specific build folder (EmuRelease, Release, etc.) I can run the application. This is not the best method though - any idea what setting controls where to look for this .dll?

khyzao, thank you very much! Now installing…

add the path into the environment variable。

you can watch the video http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=81904 I made for the beginner:)