CUDA VS Wizard 2.2 beta

I’m having one issue with this version and I was hoping you could perhaps help me out.

I have a full VS2008 CUDA project from the CUDA Toolkit 2.3 aided by your previous CUDA VS Wizard 2.0.

Now, I have, on a fresh machine, installed the CUDA Toolkit 3.0 and your CUDA VS Wizard 2.2 Beta 2. I loaded up the solution for the previously mentioned project and attempted to build it. I receive this error:

error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from “Compiling with CUDA Build Rule…”

Is there anything I can do to resolve this besides creating a brand new project and moving the code into it?

–Edit–

Of course, as soon as I posed this I managed to solve the issue! For those curious, the project was referencing cutil.h but, apparently, it couldn’t find the header (although it didn’t show up as an error). Adding the path to cutil.h in the additional includes solved the issue.

Hello,

I get two errors while attempting to create a cuda app via your tool:

Err source: CreateCustomProject
Err source: OnFinish

I am running VS2008 and Windows 7 x64.

Thanks,

Josh

Hello,

Could you enlighten me on what this error could be?

1>------ Build started: Project: Project2, Configuration: Debug x64 ------
1>Compiling with CUDA Build Rule…
1>nvcc -arch sm_10 -ccbin “C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\bin” -Xcompiler “/EHsc /W3 /nologo /Od /Zi /RTC1 /MTd " -I"C:\CUDA\include” -I"C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA GPU Computing SDK\C\common\inc" -maxrregcount=32 --compile -o “x64\Debug\sample.cu.obj” “c:\Users\josh\Desktop\Project2\Project2\sample.cu”
1>The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.
1>Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from “Compiling with CUDA Build Rule…”
1>Build log was saved at “file://c:\Users\josh\Desktop\Project2\Project2\x64\Debug\BuildLog.htm”
1>Project2 - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Thanks for the wizard…

<I also have the cutil32D.lib problem. Where and how to change the cutil32D.lib into cutil64D.lib (FYI System details: cuda driver version 3.0, VS 2008 and Windows Server (X64) )

Thanks in anticipation!

External Media

Now, when I build a program, it gets build successfully with no error. But during running the program, I get this error: “The application could not be started because no cutil64D.dll was found. Reinstalling the application may fix the problem.” And, It already shows cuda64D.dll in project properties → Linker → Input → Additional dependencies. When I replace cuda64D.dll by cuda32D.dll it gives error on building “Cannot find cuda32D.dll” Please indicate what should be done.

My configuration again: Visual Studio 2008, Cuda 3.0 (X64), Windows Server (X64)

Thanks in advance!!

hello :D

I would like to know if this version could work on Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition and CUDA Toolkit 3.0.
I’m using Windows 7 32bit by the way.

Thanks…

I am trying to run a simple open cv code using CUDA
The code is a sample program
#include<stdio.h>
#include<math.h>
#include <cv.h>
#include <highgui.h>

/This will pop up a small box with “Welcome to OpenCV” as the text.@author: Amir hossein khalili a_khalili@ce.sharif.eduimitated from Gavin Page, gsp8334@cs.rit.edu@date: 1 March 2007/
int main( int argc, char** argv )
{//declare for the height and width of the imageint
int height = 620;
int i=10;
int width = 440;//specify the point to place the text
CvPoint pt = cvPoint( height/4, width/2 );//Create an 8 bit, 3 plane image
IplImage* hw = cvCreateImage(cvSize(height, width), 8, 3);//Clearing the Image
cvSet(hw,cvScalar(0,0,0));//initialize the font
CvFont font;cvInitFont( &font, CV_FONT_HERSHEY_COMPLEX,1.0, 1.0, 0, 1, CV_AA);//place the text on the image using the font
cvPutText(hw, “Welcome To OpenCV”, pt, &font, CV_RGB(150, 0, 150) );//create the window container
cvNamedWindow(“Hello World”, 0);//display the image in the container
cvShowImage(“Hello World”, hw);//hold the output windows
cvWaitKey(0);
return 0;
}

I have configured CUDA VS Wizard 2.2 (http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=155412&st=0) and it works perfectly to cmpile and run small cuda codes and also all the sample cuda codes. But when I build this code in a cpp file inside a cuda project created using the wizard installed in VS 2008, it says “unresolved external symbol” for all cv functions!! Another thing to wonder is when I only compile the cpp file containing this code in the cuda project it gets compiled successfully!

Another problem: If I make a cuda kernel (the file containing the kernel has definition to include cuda.h) and call it from within the cpp file, it says unable to open cuda.h!! But, when I only run a cuda code in this project it is able to find the cuda.h and gets executed.

Cuda file containing the cuda kernel:
#include"cuda.h"
int cuda_kernel(int i)
{
i=i+10;
return(i);
}

While including this file in project I add these lines in the cpp file to check whether it is able to call cuda kernel or not:
int i = cuda_kernel(i);
printf(“%d”,i);

Please give some direction!!

Thanks in anticipation!
External Image

I am cuda Beginner .I am trying to execute the simple cuda program.I am trying program execute without the hardware.I installed the SDK3.2 and toolkit3.2 in windows XP 32 bit and i am using intel Pentium 4 3.00GHz processor RAM 1GB.
I am getting error:
cudaSafeCall() Runtime API error:CUDA driver version is insufficent for CUDA runtime version.

I have in seen that cuda program can be executed without hardware for emulation purpose.so please help me .

From
Harikrishna.K

Hi

I have this problem too. I use windows vista ultimate 64bit, vs 2008 professional and cuda wizard 2.2 beta.

I build a simple cuda project without errors but at execution time i get your same problem.

How did you solve the problem? I wouldn’t use the nvidia solution (copy the folder etc etc).

Thanks a lot

Costanzo

I will fix the bug and support the VS 2010

Hello, is there a simple way to create a “Cuda project” when we select “New > Project” ?
I’d like to do that for Cuda 4.0 RC2 and VS2010.

I’ve recently moved from working in Xcode in to working in VS 2008. I am using VS Wizard 2.2 beta2 and its working great.

However, I got a 2.1 capability device. I can’t seem to be able to select sm_21 in GPU Architecture under CUDA Build Rule v3.0.0. Is there a workaround to be able to select this option?

You need to update you CUDA toolkit. I don’t recall if 2.1 is supported already in CUDA 3.2 or only in 4.0, but it’s a late addition, definitely later than 2.0