CUDA VS2005 Wizard 1.2 New version of the CUDA VS2005 wizard

Send email to me^_^ and help test the version for vs2003…I don’t have vs2003

Hi

I have add “CUDA_COMMON_LIB_PATH=C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA CUDA SDK\common\lib”

and " CUDA_COMMON_INC_PATH=C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA CUDA SDK\common\inc" into the

system Environment Variables.

However, I got an error here

fatal error C1021: invalid preprocessor command 'inlcude'

Since I directly change a .cpp(contains the main() function ) file into a .cu file,

is that the problem.

But when I use the project solution of the examples form NVIDIA CUDA SDK,

there is no such error.

Thanks

can you upload your project here?And I can help you to check it…

hi, thanks

This is my project here.

my_project.rar (5.29 MB)

After installing this I keep having the same problem while compiling my project:

1>------ Rebuild All started: Project: ImageTransformation, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------

1>Deleting intermediate and output files for project 'ImageTransformation', configuration 'Debug|Win32'

1>Compiling...

1>ImageTransformation_kernel.cu

1>tmpxft_00000ab4_00000000-3.gpu

1>tmpxft_00000ab4_00000000-7.gpu

1>"ImageTransformation_kernel.cu", line 37: Error: External calls are not supported (found non-inlined call to _ZN7textureI6uchar4Li2EL19cudaTextureReadMode1EEC1Ei21cudaTextureFilterMode22cudaTextureAddressMode)

1>Compiling...

1>ImageTransformation.cu

1>tmpxft_00000b04_00000000-3.gpu

1>tmpxft_00000b04_00000000-7.gpu

1>"c:\program files\nvidia corporation\nvidia cuda sdk\testprojects\imagetransformation\imageTransformation_kernel.cu", line 37: Error: External calls are not supported (found non-inlined call to _ZN7textureI6uchar4Li2EL19cudaTextureReadMode1EEC1Ei21cudaTextureFilterMode22cudaTextureAddressMode)

1>Linking...

1>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file '.\Debug\ImageTransformation.obj'

1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA CUDA SDK\TestProjects\ImageTransformation\Debug\BuildLog.htm"

1>ImageTransformation - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

========== Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

I just made a new project using the wizard and added my previous .cu files to the project, but it still gives me the same compilation errors!

Anyone has an idea since I’m googling all day long already trying all kind of things but yet I didn’t succeed in running my program!

Thanks in advance!

What is in the ImageTransformation_kernel.cu", line 37?

I guess the ImageTransformation.cu file include the ImageTransformation_kernel.cu file?

Hmmz I found my problem, working with a header file just is’t a good idea External Image

Hi

I have the following problem :

I’ve created a 32bit static lib using CUDA, than migrated (using the configuration manager) to be also 64bit (XP) in VS2005.

now, when trying to use the lib in 64bit mode i get a undefined symbol for texture<float,2 …> in the application which uses the lib.

this is not happening in 32 bit and strangly, if i remove the texture declaration in the H file (just for the compilation of the application) it passes compilation and link.

can someone help how to solve this ???

Thanks
Moti

Hi…

I have a really annoying problem here… It’s been driving me nuts…
I downloaded the CSharp_CUDA_DLL project, and it doesn’t compile…

I get the following:

------ Rebuild All started: Project: CSharp_CUDA_DLL, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
Deleting intermediate and output files for project ‘CSharp_CUDA_DLL’, configuration ‘Debug|Win32’
Compiling…
sample.cu
tmpxft_000004d0_00000000-3.gpu
tmpxft_000004d0_00000000-7.gpu
tmpxft_000004d0_00000000-3.c
tmpxft_000004d0_00000000-12.i
Compiling…
stdafx.cpp
Compiling…
CSharp_CUDA_DLL.cpp
Linking…
CSharp_CUDA_DLL.obj : warning LNK4075: ignoring ‘/EDITANDCONTINUE’ due to ‘/INCREMENTAL:NO’ specification
sample.def : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol TestHelloCUDA
…\CSharp_Call_CUDA_DLL\bin\Debug\CSharp_CUDA_DLL.lib : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
Build log was saved at “file://c:\Documents and Settings\yoavmo\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\CSharp_CUDA_DLL\CSharp_CUDA_DLL\Debug\BuildLog.htm”
CSharp_CUDA_DLL - 2 error(s), 1 warning(s)
========== Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

In addition, when I use the CUDAWinApp wizard, it doesn’t give me an option for a dynamic library, only for a static one… Is this a feature not yet added?

I’m using Windows XP 32bit, Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition.

Thanks!

Y.

Add the header which define the texture?

The “normal” VSExpress Wizard is at version 1.2, while the x64 version is only at 1.0…what is the difference between these? Are there changes/updates that have not yet been rolled into the x64 version?

I was wondering how I can add more options to the nvcc. The “Additional Options” text edit box provided under CUDA->Command Line seem to be ignored by nvcc.

I second that!!

I would also gladly hack a dirty way to do it for the moment, but don’t know how Visual Studio builds the command line…

Fernando

Look at my post in this thread:

[url=“The Official NVIDIA Forums | NVIDIA”]The Official NVIDIA Forums | NVIDIA

is the source for that somewhere out there? I guess it would be easy to add new rules by just looking at the code…

I don’t think so. There hasn’t been an update recently. Maybe you wanna write the author an email. I’m sure he would send it to you.

hi
iam not able to run the wizard properly

error reading file "/vcprojectdefault/cuda.rules and other files error showing up…
c

could u plz tlel me how to install in vc 2005?

thanks

almost the same. not difference.

maybe it’s a bug~~I will check it later.

you can create or edit the rule by the Visual Studio options. Maybe you can have a try, to modify the rule:)