CUDA working on ubuntu-desktop not on ubuntu-server

Hi Gert-Jan,

I got it to work! I used a bit of your way to do it, combined it with my own first todo, found a book regarding DpenCL, OpenGL and X11environment, and then suddenly, wupti, we were there ;) So we fixed it Gert-Jan!!
Now I’ll test if it really runs headless and with multiple GPU’s. I’ll install a fan controller so that there’s visual confirmation of the different hardware and the shell script will take care of the rest of the temperature control.
It runs on a server edition now! No GUI. It was your way, with the .deb files which was the right way! I newer got the .run file to work. I trashed a server edition totally, removed all nouveau, blacklisted this and that, no matter what I did, I couldn’t get the .run installer to install. Allways the same error. nouveau problem according to cuda log and kernel error according to nvidia log.
So you were right! I just needed to find the rest which needed to be installed and the rest of things which needed to be modified. Afterwards, it works like a charm ;)
I’m using BoincTasks to monitor the results from a windows rig. here’s the nice output ;)

And here’s the proof of running multiple GPU’s on this headless CLI based system:

I’m studying debootstrap. Hope to hear from you some day ;)

Kind Regards,
Dan