CUDACasts Episode #1: Installing CUDA on Windows

Originally published at: https://developer.nvidia.com/blog/cudacasts-episode-1-installing-cuda-windows/

Today I’m excited to announce CUDACasts, a brand new series of short, useful screencast videos about parallel programming on the CUDA platform. I’ll be bringing you new CUDACasts every week covering topics including step-by-step beginner how-tos, programming techniques and CUDA Pro Tips, and overviews of new CUDA features and tools. CUDACasts Episode #1 gives an…

Hello SIr,
im really interested in doing my postgraduate research on cuda pogramming model. The challenge im facing is that my computer is intel, with HD Graphics 4000.

How can i install cuda on my computer which does not have Nvidia GPU?

Thanks alot
abdullahi ibrahim

You can certainly install the CUDA Toolkit. And you will be able to compile CUDA programs. However you won't be able to run them on your local machine. If you have access to a remote Linux server with a GPU, you could develop on it over VNC, SSH, etc. You can even use NSight Eclipse edition on a local Linux machine to develop and run on a remote Linux machine. You can also run in the cloud on Amazon AWS nodes with GPUs. Finally, you could buy a new GPU if your computer is a desktop machine, or try out a Jetson TX1 for embedded / low power development with CUDA.

Hello,I have a problem.
When I use cuda4.2,the fftPlan1d or fftPlanMany is very fast which nearly only need 2ms;
but when I use cuda6.5 and other high version ,it cost nearly 600ms. why???
my email is DuLinRain@mail.hfut.edu.cn
PLEASE HELP ME

Hello sir i am a photographer and i am using intel i5 vth gen.
board-intel DH87RL plz suggest me the nvidia graphic card for photoshop and after effect also

Has anyone figured out WHY the new After Effects 15.3 (on MAC) will not use the GPU for 3D rendering yet? The previous version worked JUST FINE... just trying to find some answers. :-/