cudaMemcpy3D Incorrect returned values

I’m facing a strange behavior using the 3D memory copy function from device memory to a cuda array.

First test case:

cudaMemcpy3DParms copyParams1 = {0};

copyParams1.srcPtr = make_cudaPitchedPtr((void*)(data_mem), dataSize.width*sizeof(float4), dataSize.width, dataSize.height);

copyParams1.dstArray = data_array;

copyParams1.extent = make_cudaExtent(dataSize.width,dataSize.height,dataSize.dept
h);
copyParams1.kind = cudaMemcpyDeviceToDevice;
CUDA_SAFE_CALL( cudaMemcpy3D(&copyParams1) );
cudaThreadSynchronize();

The results returned by the texture bound to the array and the memory is identical.

Second test case:

Same as first but with
data_tex.filterMode = cudaFilterModeLinear;

The results returned are not identical and not even close! Although I’m referencing the texture with exactly same integers (not floats)

Third test case:

cudaMemcpy3DParms copyParams1 = {0};

copyParams1.srcPtr = make_cudaPitchedPtr((void*)(data_mem), dataSize.widthsizeof(float4), dataSize.width, dataSize.height);
copyParams1.srcPos = make_cudaPos(mdx
sizeof(float4),mdy,mdz);

copyParams1.dstArray = data_array;
copyParams1.dstPos = make_cudaPos(mdx,mdy,mdz);

copyParams1.extent = boxSize;
copyParams1.kind = cudaMemcpyDeviceToDevice;
CUDA_SAFE_CALL( cudaMemcpy3D(&copyParams1) );
cudaThreadSynchronize();

The results returned are not identical and not even close! Although I’m referencing the texture with exactly same integers (not floats)

Fourth test case:

Same as Third but with
data_tex.filterMode = cudaFilterModeLinear;

Please help me figure out why this does not work. Do not refer me to http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtop…daMemcpy3DParms
Since it does not discuss these cases.

Thank you