CUFFT 3.1 - cudaError_enum first chance exeptions during cudaMalloc

Hi there!

I’ve some troubles everytime that i have linked a project with the CUFFT library (tested with CUDA 3.1 on ION and GEFORCE 9600, VS2008 C++ Express, Win7 / WinXP both 32bit).

At the first cudaMalloc-instruction i got the a bunch of exeptions - similar to the following debug output (sorry it’s german):

[codebox]Eine Ausnahme (erste Chance) bei 0x75569617 in simpleCUFFT.exe: Microsoft C+±Ausnahme: cudaError_enum an Speicherposition 0x0012fe24…

Eine Ausnahme (erste Chance) bei 0x75569617 in simpleCUFFT.exe: Microsoft C+±Ausnahme: cudaError_enum an Speicherposition 0x0012fe24…

Eine Ausnahme (erste Chance) bei 0x75569617 in simpleCUFFT.exe: Microsoft C+±Ausnahme: cudaError_enum an Speicherposition 0x0012fe24…

…[/codebox]

That messages are similar to the ones in [post=“0”]Cuda uncomprensible error[/post].

Of course my first idea was: my code is flawed, so let’s check the issue with unmodificated SDK samples (convfft2d, simplecufft). And to my surprise i come up with the same exceptions. I played around with deviceemu and arch-switches but nothing helped. At the allocation instructions none of the tested programs has even touched anything related with cufft and the fft computation itself runs fine. The CUDA examples without CUFFT don’t show this.

I’m relatively sure that it is an 3.1 issue, because i have used cufft with 2.3 and all was fine. Any idea how this can be resolved?

This sounds like a CUDA Driver error to me. What driver version do you have installed?

–Cliff