cunn install failed

Hello there~

I installed jetpack on my jetson tx2 board.

And I tried to install cunn with luarocks, the following error occured.

Could you tell me how to solve it?

Error :

[ 33%] Building NVCC (Device) object lib/THCUNN/CMakeFiles/THCUNN.dir/THCUNN_generated_PReLU.cu.o
/tmp/luarocks_cunn-scm-1-6855/cunn/lib/THCUNN/generic/PReLU.cu(138): error: too many arguments in function call

/tmp/luarocks_cunn-scm-1-6855/cunn/lib/THCUNN/generic/PReLU.cu(150): error: too many arguments in function call

/tmp/luarocks_cunn-scm-1-6855/cunn/lib/THCUNN/generic/PReLU.cu(151): error: too many arguments in function call

/tmp/luarocks_cunn-scm-1-6855/cunn/lib/THCUNN/generic/PReLU.cu(138): error: too many arguments in function call

/tmp/luarocks_cunn-scm-1-6855/cunn/lib/THCUNN/generic/PReLU.cu(150): error: too many arguments in function call

/tmp/luarocks_cunn-scm-1-6855/cunn/lib/THCUNN/generic/PReLU.cu(151): error: too many arguments in function call

9 errors detected in the compilation of “/tmp/tmpxft_0000130d_00000000-7_PReLU.cpp1.ii”.
CMake Error at THCUNN_generated_PReLU.cu.o.cmake:267 (message):
Error generating file
/tmp/luarocks_cunn-scm-1-6855/cunn/build/lib/THCUNN/CMakeFiles/THCUNN.dir//./THCUNN_generated_PReLU.cu.o

lib/THCUNN/CMakeFiles/THCUNN.dir/build.make:203: recipe for target ‘lib/THCUNN/CMakeFiles/THCUNN.dir/THCUNN_generated_PReLU.cu.o’ failed
make[2]: *** [lib/THCUNN/CMakeFiles/THCUNN.dir/THCUNN_generated_PReLU.cu.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs…
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:103: recipe for target ‘lib/THCUNN/CMakeFiles/THCUNN.dir/all’ failed
make[1]: *** [lib/THCUNN/CMakeFiles/THCUNN.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:127: recipe for target ‘all’ failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

Looks like cunn is not compatible with the version available on the Jetson.
You’ll probably get more help from the cunn developers.
(Also note that cunn has some pre-requisites that you may need to install first, so if you haven’t done that, you can try that.)

Hi,

Thanks for your question.

Looks like the error occurs in cunn’s source.
It’s recommended to post an issue to cunn GitHib, they may have further understanding of this issue.

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.