Custom JAX carrier board + JAO module cannot boot from the recovery mode

Very touch and the 1st level question I think.

It is said that JAO is pin-compatible with JAX.
With this thought, I installed a JAO module on the custom JAX carrier board which runs pretty well in the field. However not serial output nor recovery mode.

Could you advice me where I should start from?

Thanks,

Even they’re pin compatible, but the AGX board was designed ahead the JAO modue created, some interfaces are different, you will need to check the Jetson AGX Orin Series and Jetson AGX Xavier Series Interface Migration document fo the detials to design the board for both modules.

Thanks,

But hard to find some hints on it.

I will pass to internal team to see if can have some suggestions. Thanks

1 Like

Good! Thanks

There are some timing requirement for Jetson AGX Orin power up sequence. Please check Jetson AGX Orin Series Design Guide Figure 5-2 for the details, and compare it with your carrier board design.

Thanks,

I have to review that.

I could not make any progress on it.
I’m wondered that Jetson AGX Xavier devkit + Jetson AGX Orin module(3701) can be work with JP50.
Even Recovery button, lsusb shows only 0955:7223 as a result.

• JP50 GA EA v2 to test on the Ubuntu 20.04 host
  • could not find any remarkable difference in power sequence between JAX and JAO
  • AGX Orin Design Guide_v1.1 nor Orin Adaptation and Bringup for Jetson AGX Orin in the JP50 GA EA_v2 did not help
  • Jetson_AGX_Orin_Jetson_AGX_Xavier_IF_Comparison_Migration_DA-10655-001_v1.2 did not help as well

We didn’t mention that. The AGX and Orin modules are different. Pin compatible does not mean they can work directly after plug in.

There is quite a bit of different between JAX and JAO board design which need to be taken account in device tree and other configs, for example UPHY, Display (JAX Devkit has HDMI and JAO devkit has DP)., etc.

Those device tree, pinmux changed for your JAX module to work on your AGX custom carrier board need to do again to generate image for JAO module to flash it.

1 Like

Thanks @kayccc

Then I need to test AGX Orin devkit to test AGX Orin module firstly.
And for the custom AGX Xavier carrier board, compare PINs carefully and modify device tree.

Dear @kayccc
I one of coworker with @MtHiker.
Now, I’m trying to flash L4T for Orin Dev Kit Carrier Board with AGX Orin Sample Module.

And I have a question how can I make sure device is Recovery Mode or Not
This device shows always when usb otg port is connected whether I push rocovery button or not.

lsusb always find device , but SDK Manager can’t find any devices.
I checked recovery mode connection on the SDK Manager.
It doesn’t works.

I heard this symptom is same as MtHiker’s custom board.
I think we need to be make sure it first.

Make sure

1. The uart console does not respond to you after you think you put your board into recovery mode

2. The flash cable is good quality. And the flash port is the right one.

1 is to prevent you are seeing the usb device mode after jetson boots into kernel instead of recovery mode.

I check next both usb port.

• USB micro-B port

1. Power On with Push Recovery Button

2. Power On with No Push Recovery Button

• USB Type-C port

1. Power On with Push Recovery Button

2. Power On with No Push Recovery Button

You can see it, we can’t access any uart console.
And both cables are no issue with any other flash process.

Orin’s debug console is ttyACMx. Not ttyUSB anymore.

Now, I compare Dev Kit Module and Sample Production Module.

• Dev Kit Module
  1. Boot with Push Recovery Button

2. Boot with No Push Recovery Button => I can see debug cosole out on ttyACM0.

• Sample Production Module
  1. Boot with Push Recovery Button

2. Boot with No Push Recovery Button => Nothing out on ttyACM0.

Flash fusing was done on the JAX devkit + JAO32 module (RC1)
Even lsusb does not show proper ID(0955:7023) of JAO, flash.sh runs as expected.

Hi,

We are doing this check internally. Will update to you later.

Please try with JetPack5.0.2 GA release. Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.