Custom Kernel for Jetson Xavier NX

I was wondering if there was an alternative way to flash the Kernel so that a custom 5.4 Kernel is able to run on a Jetson Xavier NX Devkit? If not, I was hoping to get help on a specific error I was experiencing while trying steps on other forum questions.
By custom, I mean code within a 5.4 Linux kernel was edited to fit a specific need. I can provide more information on the kernel itself if needed.
I have followed a few guides which have stated replacing the kernel’s image in /boot/Image and adding an entry for the kernel in /boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf. From there, I have ensured to flash the device tree but got the error where upon boot and pressing the correct number to boot the second kernel, the boot screen states

** WARNING: Test Key is used **
L4TLauncher: Attempting GRUB Boot
L4TLauncher: Attempting Direct Boot
L4T boot options
0: primary kernel
1: second kernel
Press 0-1 to boot selection within 3.0 seconds.
Press any other key to boot default (Option: 0)
EFI stub: Booting Linux Kernel…
EFI stub: Using DTB from configuration table
EFI stub: Exiting boot services and installing virtual address map…

From there, the Xavier hangs. I have tried connecting the Xavier to a 18.04 Ubuntu host machine and having the host read input via dmesg --follow but it does not produce any input.

Please note I am not limited to anything in specific (such as any specific version of Jetpack) and am open to any suggestions or advice! Also, is this even possible? Thanks in advance!

We don’t have experience to porting the custom 5.4 Linux kernel on Jetson platform yet, hope other developers could provide suggestions.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.