cutil32D.dll

I have recently downloaded CUDA, read the dev guide and installed VC++ 2005 Express edition on my machine to experiment with CUDA. I have installed JaredHoberock’s build rule and added the inc and lib directories to “VC++ Directories” list. I have also copied the SDK projects to a more convenient directory.

When I select “Build>>Build Solution” from the menu I get the following output:

1>------ Build started: Project: matrixMul, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>Performing Custom Build Step
1>tmpxft_000010cc_00000000-11.i
1>Compiling…
1>matrixMul_gold.cpp
1>Linking…
1>Embedding manifest…
1>Performing Post-Build Event…
1>Build log was saved at “file://d:\Programs\Cplusplus\CUDA_Samples\matrixMul\Debug\BuildLog.htm”
1>matrixMul - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

So far so good.

When I try to run the program (clicking the green arrow on the toolbar), I get the following message box error:

The application has failed to start because cutil32D.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

The Debug output shows:

‘matrixMul.exe’: Loaded ‘D:\Programs\Cplusplus\bin\win32\debug\matrixMul.exe’, Symbols loaded.

‘matrixMul.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\WINDOWS\system32\dciman32.dll’, No symbols loaded.
Debugger:: An unhandled non-continuable STATUS_DLL_NOT_FOUND exception was thrown during process load
The thread ‘Win32 Thread’ (0x155c) has exited with code -1073741515 (0xc0000135).
The program ‘[4912] matrixMul.exe: Native’ has exited with code -1073741515 (0xc0000135).

I ckecked my Properties > Linker > Input > Additional Dependencies line and the files cudart.lib and cutil32D.lib are both there.

If I compile and run the original version in the NVIDIA SDK directory, everything works fine. It only breaks if I copy the project directory to, for example, “My Documents.”

cudart.lib is found and loaded, it is only cutil32D.dll (Debug) or cutil32,dll (release) that are not found by the project when it has been moved to a new directory.

give the suggestion

When you use “Debug Model” to compile a project in CUDA SDK, The *.exe flie will be add to the default folder “X:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA CUDA SDK\bin\win32\Debug”.

This folder contains the file “Cutil32D.dll”. When you move the project to another file, the debug folder will not contain such file.

Ive set the path in my VS2005 too. But it dosent work neither! SO, just simplely copy the file “Cutil32D” to your Project Folder or Debug Folder from “X:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA CUDA SDK\bin\win32\Debug” when you use a debug mode to compile a project.

THANK YOU FOR REPLY…

I build the program no errors… when i debug the program .exe file generate but this .exe file shows an error was…

cudasafecall<> Run time API error in the file<*.cu> ,File line no:90 feature is not implemented...

give suggestion?

please give reply for above problem soon… i do not have graphic card in my system…

I didn’t see anywhere where you said you were compiling for device emulation mode. Use the EmuDebug Build Configuration in Visual studio if you don’t have a CUDA enabled graphics device.

what is the difference between Cutil32.dll and Cutil32D.dll

i copy the cutil32.dll from CUDA SDK Debug folder to the Debug Folder of myprojects ,and it works ,but when i copy it to the release folder of myprojects ,it doen’t work,however it works when i change its name to cutil32D.dll,not copy it from CUDA SDK Release folder ,why ?

thanks .