cv::Videocap::open(url) is blocked all the time with parsebin for rtsp stream

I pulled multiple rtsp network streams by “parsebin” at same time, and set “nvv4l2decoder drop-frame-interval=5” in diffferent threads(about 16 threads).

However, when I reset the value of “drop-frame-interval” frequently, I found there were always some camera streams that could not be pulled. And then, the thread of stream pulling was blocked when cv::Videocap::open(url) all the time.

Would you please tell me how to fix the problem ?

Hi,
Please check if you are able to share a test sample so that we can give it a try. Maybe a test sample like this:
Doesn't work nvv4l2decoder for decoding RTSP in gstreamer + opencv - #3 by DaneLLL

drop-frame-interval is not a runtime-configurable property. For changing the value, you would need to destroy the gstreamer pipeline and re-initialize a new one. Not sure if you are able to re-initialize the pipeline in your use-case.

When opened multiple rtsp streams in multiple different threads, I offten had to open and shut the rtsp stream to reset “drop-frame-interval” to reduce CPU occupancy for appsink plugin.

I pulled stream using cv::VideoCapture::open(url, cv::CAP_GSTREAMER), and destroyed the pipeline by cv::VideoCapture::release().

Do you have other more effective methods to reset “drop-frame-interval”, or re-initialize the pipeline ?