Data logging of GMSL cameras

Hi Technical Support,

1. What is the approach recommended to data log 6 X GMSL cameras connected to PX2 for a duration of 1 hour. Could you direct me to some articles on this topic. Could you suggest hardware for the data logger, and how to retrieve camera data after logging.

Thank you.

Hello ethcameras,

You can make a distributed recording system like below shows two DPX2 platforms and synchronize DPX2 through PTP.

Cameras + Lidar, GPS, Radar… -> DPX2 -> 10Gb Ethernet or USB3 => Data Logger(storage).
|
|(PTP)
|
Cameras + Lidar, GPS, Radar… -> DPX2 -> 10Gb Ethernet or USB3 => Data Logger(storage).

If you need to get supportable cameras & sensors information in detail, could you please contact your NV acount team? Thanks.

Hi,

Can you enlighten what is the hardware part number recommended for data logger storage.
Thanks.

Hello ethcameras,
AFAIK, customers are using SSD for data logger storage because of car vibration. Thanks.

Helloo SteveHV,

I would like to know more info regarding the solution you highlighted.
From my test, I cannot log properly more than 1 camera at 30fps in RAW format. It seems too slow and the system starts to miss frames…are you able to tell me why this behavior?

Thanks

Dear matteo.salerno,

Could you please refer to below link for your topic in detail? Thanks.

https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1007100/faq/data-logging/