Ddcutil Response Time

Hi team,

I’ve noticed the command for ‘sudo ddcutil --display 1 setvcp 10 30’ (brightness) control has a very slow response time (~20 seconds) when ran in cmd. Is there a way to expedite this process?

Also when it comes to changing brightness, does the control allow for gradual transitions rather than an instant jump from a lower brightness to higher or vice versa? I havnt found much online about this.

Hi,

I remember the problem is not in the driver side. The cause comes from ddcutil.

When ddcutil tries to configure the backlight, it will scan all the i2c buses on the system. But not only use the channel you want to use.

For example, we have i2c-0 ~i2c -8 on the system, ddcutil will scan them all, but the some channel has no device on it, and it will hit timeout. This timeout let you wait for a while.

You can try to check the source of ddcutil and see if it can configure the channel to a singal one.

Also when it comes to changing brightness, does the control allow for gradual transitions rather than an instant jump from a lower brightness to higher or vice versa? I havnt found much online about this.

I don’t think this is supported. Also, this kind of feature depends on your monitor.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.