deb package installation order

I made my own jetson nano image refering below dev guide.
https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/l4t/index.html#page/Tegra%2520Linux%2520Driver%2520Package%2520Development%2520Guide%2Fkernel_custom.html%23

The img file does not include libraries like those included in Jetpack(OpenCV, cuDNN and so on).
So I installed SDK manager on host pc(ubuntu18.04) and download some deb packages.
And I copied them to my nano and tried dpkg command some times.

Now my nano works.
But I don’t know the deb package installation order.
Could you tell me “right” installation order.

Thanks

Hi hkada,

I think you can use sdkmanager to install sdk components. [unselect Flash image]
Or you only want install specific deb files?

Hi carolyuu

I want to build an environment like when using JetPack with nano (self img).
Is it possible to install sdk components using sdkmanager after flash my img ?
If so, Could you tell me the way to install sdk components using sdk manager?

If you could, please tell me the way to install specific debfiles offline environment too.
Offline environment I mean, download deb files with sdkmanager, copy the files to Nano and installation.

Hi hkada,

What’s is your image version? R32.2.1?
I think it can work, you can try it.
Download SDK Manager and following instrucations to Run and Install sdkmanager.
After run the sdkmanager, you can find the deb files from download folder, then copy the deb files to your Nano board and install by manually, if you want to install specific deb files.

Thanks for your help.

You’re right, my image version is R32.2.1.
I see, I’ll check and try it.
When manually installing,
is there an installation order of deb files ?
For example, bbb.deb must be installed after aaa.deb is installed.

Hi hkada,

You can check deb install steps from your host Ubuntu:

/home/<username>/.nvsdkm/sdkm.log

Run the sdkmanager once, then you can see this log.
Using grep ‘sudo dpkg -i’ to find the deb files.

Assuming you trust all Debian packages in a folder, you can use wildcards and dpkg should figure out the proper order for you.

Example:

dpkg -i *.deb

From inside the folder with the Debian packages (or specify the path before). You can have a first boot script do this if you modify the rootfs but you must poll to make sure the apt lock is free since only one process can use the package system at a time. If you google: poll for apt lock, you should get all the information you need for such a script.

I highly advise to make the owner of such a dpkg folder root:root and permissions read only for other users (755 should do). Better than wildcards, you can feed dpkg a list of filenames. How you do that exactly will depend on your scripting language. Again, dpkg will calculate the proper order if there is one.

Thanks for your helps.
I’ll check the way you tell me.