Deep Stream Smart Video Record: unfixable negative timestamp

It seems chromium-based browsers or apps are unable sometimes unable to play the videos created by StreamSmartRecord. The video is mp4 encoded with h264.
I say “sometimes” because it isn’t consistent.
If I re-encode it manually again with HandBrake with the same specifications it works.

error: MediaError
  code: 4
  message: "DEMUXER_ERROR_COULD_NOT_PARSE: FFmpegDemuxer: unfixable negative timestamp."

• Hardware Platform: GPU
• DeepStream Version: 6.0
• TensorRT Version: 8,0
• NVIDIA GPU Driver Version: 470.141
• Issue Type: Bug
• How to reproduce the issue?: Try to play an mp4 video created by Deep Stream Smart Video Record on chromium-based browsers or apps.

1 Like

could you share one this video? this issue can’t reproduce locally.

This is one of the videos:

[FRAME]
media_type=video
stream_index=0
key_frame=0
pts=-100
pts_time=-0.040000
pkt_dts=-213

it is because pts starts with negative value, need chromium to fix this bug, there is some similar bug, 731766 - chromium - An open-source project to help move the web forward. - Monorail

Yes, I am aware and so are they I hope.
1186621 - Chrome does not play some MP4 videos - chromium

But is there any alternative besides waiting for them to fix this or encoding it again ourselves?
As I said if I encode it myself with handbrake and it’s fine.

So this should be “fixable” from here. Doesn’t Smart Video Record have any options? Maybe something similar to ffmpeg’s avoid_negative_ts make_zero?

1. smart record will use gstreamer plugin qtmux to generate mp4, after checking, there is no this kind of avoid_negative_ts setting。
  2. how often this issue happen? could you provide simplified code reproduce this issue?

It happens ~60% of the time.
We are just using the deepstream-test5 sample code.

There is no update from you for a period, assuming this is not an issue anymore.
Hence we are closing this topic. If need further support, please open a new one.
Thanks

test5_dec_infer-resnet_tracker_sgie_tiled_display_int8-sr.txt (8.5 KB)
After testing, I can’t reproduce this issue, did you modify the test5 code? could you share you configuration file?

Our solution was to remux all the recordings. That fixes the negative timestamp problem.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.