Deepstream 6.0 Cannot get ObjectMeta Parent Object in deepstream_lpr_app

• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU) : Jetson
• DeepStream Version : 6.0
• JetPack Version (valid for Jetson only): 4.6
• TensorRT Version : 8.0
• NVIDIA GPU Driver Version (valid for GPU only)
• Issue Type( questions, new requirements, bugs): questions/bugs
• How to reproduce the issue ? (This is for bugs. Including which sample app is using, the configuration files content, the command line used and other details for reproducing)

I have tried to compile and run deepstream_lpr_app with deepstream 6.0

In deepstream-lpr-app/deepstream_lpr_app.c, there is a part of code which getting the parent object from the LPDNet inference result

if (obj_meta->unique_component_id == SECONDARY_DETECTOR_UID) {
  if (obj_meta->class_id == SGIE_CLASS_ID_LPD) {
    lp_count++;
    /* Print this info only when operating in secondary model. */
    if (obj_meta->parent)
      g_print ("License plate found for parent object %p (type=%s)\n",
        obj_meta->parent, pgie_classes_str[obj_meta->parent->class_id]);

In Deepstream 6.0 I cannot get the parent, which the obj_meta->parent is always None

However in Deepstream 5.1 (Both Jetpack 4.6 & 4.5.1) I can get it without any issue.

Suppose the parent will be set in SGIE nvinfer. nvinfer is open source code. Can you have a try to add some log to trace it?

Sorry I have no idea. Can you tell me which part of the source code? Are you referring to Nvinfer.h in TensorRT source code?

nvinfer plugin source code.

I have tried to move osd_sink_pad_buffer_probe into different position of the pipeline, and I found that
it can get the parent object all the way until the nvtile sink pad. If I attach the probe to the src pad of nvtile, I cannot get the parent object.

If I attempt to remove the tiler from the pipeline, that this will happen at the nvvidconv element.

The pipeline of LPR app should be like following:

streammux -> primary_detector -> tracker -> secondary_detector -> secondary_classifier -> nvtile -> nvvidconv -> nvosd -> sink

I guess the issue is not in nvinfer

3 Likes

Great! do you still has any issue in your use case?

I can use a walk-around in my use-case, but I think it would be great if I can access the parent object at nvdsosd src pad.

If it is not a desired behaviour in deepstream 6.0 hope that It will be solved in some day

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.