Deepstream-app crash with nvbufsurface: NvBufSurfaceSysToHWCopy error

Hi @mchi

I see that this is directly related to the driver. Should a bug report be filed?

Hi @deepak,
sorry, do you mean this issue got fixed by updating the CUDA driver?

Thanks!

Hi @mchi

No. As this has NOT been fixed so far and/or no reason for the failure is found, I was wondering if this should be reported as a bug to the development team.

Is it possible to share us a repo?

Thanks!

Hi,

This is the standard deepstream-app running on:

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X, (12 Cores, 24 Threads)
Memory: 64GB
GPU: ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Twin Fan 11GB GDDR6

You have already seen the configuration file.
Hope this helps.

FYI: This will be available for a short period. If you are unable to access this, please send a private message/e-mail and we will upload again and share it with you.

@deepak
Thanks for the repo. It’s helpful.
We will check and get back to you.

Sorry!
Could you share the repo steps with this package?

Hi,

You could go to the Yolo folder and run the …/deepstream-app/deepstream-app -c <YoloV3-8input-infer-sec123-face-analytics.txt> file (or any other config file that has 4 RTSP inputs).

You can either use RTSP cameras or simulate RTSP streams using:
cvlc sample_1080p_h264.mp4 :sout=#gather:transcode{scodec=none}:rtp{sdp=rtsp://:9000/} :no-sout-all :sout-keep :loop

If this doesn’t work for you, just use the standard deepstream-app provided by NVIDIA and use multiple input and output RTSP streams (as shown in the config file).

Hi @deepak,
Thanks for your repo, we can rperoduce this issue now.
We will debug it and give you update when we have progress.

Thanks!

Hello,

Now that DeepStream 5.0 is announced for General Availability, has this been fixed in the latest release?

Hey,
I am facing a similar error. Have you managed to find a fix for this?

Thanks.

Waiting for fix from NVIDIA.

I’m starting to believe this is happening because of the NVIDIA Driver. Earlier I was using the DS4.0.2 docker image on Driver version 440.x.x. Now after updating to 450.x.x, even the DS4.0.2 is crashing.

I downgraded my driver and CUDA Version. Seems it’s running normally for now.

Good to know. I hope this gives some clues to NVIDIA to fix the issue ASAP.

yes, we have confirmed the issue is from CUDA driver, we are fixing it.
As WAR, please use driver < 450.
Sorry for the inconvinence caused!

Thanks!

1 Like

Hello,
is there any updates on this issue? is it fixed in new drivers like 460 and 470 ?

Hey,
I can verify that DS 5.1 is working on NVIDIA Driver 470.57.02.

I have an issue with DS 5.1 when running it on 20 sources it keeps crashing with the same message and another message

GStreamer-CRITICAL **: 22:04:01.099: gst_memory_get_sizes: assertion 'mem != NULL' failed
GStreamer-CRITICAL **: 22:04:01.099: gst_memory_get_sizes: assertion 'mem != NULL' failed
[2:59 PM] deepstream_cpp exited with code 139

I have described the full issue at this topic it also happens with deepstream-test3-app when running it with the 20 sources.

do you have any clue ? @marmikshah

Thanks for help in advance.