Deepstream application icon name is showed as unknown

Please provide complete information as applicable to your setup.

• Hardware Platform - GPU
• DeepStream Version - 5.1
• TensorRT Version - 7.2.1
• NVIDIA GPU Driver Version - 470
• Issue Type - bugs
**• How to reproduce the issue ?
Run any of the deepstream sample apps. **

When i was testing the seepstream-test5-app i noticed that when ever i hover on top of the icon it shows unknown instead of the application name. below is an image for same.

Screenshot from 2023-05-04 14-33-05

The window title name is what it is and OK.

if i am not wrong the code below changes the app title in deepstream-test5-app

if (num_instances > 1)
title = g_strdup_printf (APP_TITLE “-%d”, i);
else
title = g_strdup (APP_TITLE);
if (XStringListToTextProperty ((char **) &title, 1, &xproperty) != 0) {
XSetWMName (display, windows[i], &xproperty);
XFree (xproperty.value);
}

if i am not wrong then XSetWMName should have changed the icon name. But it is not working.

I want to change the icon name from unknown to what i want.

How can i do this ?

It has nothing to do with DeepStream. Please google by yourself.

I am not able to find it. When i google i found the following solution but it is not working.

// Set the application icon name
  prop_name_atom = XInternAtom(display, "_NET_WM_ICON_NAME", False);
  utf8_atom = XInternAtom(display, "UTF8_STRING", False);
  XChangeProperty(display, window, prop_name_atom, utf8_atom, 8, PropModeReplace,
                  (unsigned char *)"New Icon Name", strlen("New Icon Name"));

It says unknown even for all the deepstream sample examples. But when the same code is been tested with an NX developer kit the icon name actually changes.

Your help and expertise would be much appreciated.

It has nothing to do with DeepStream.

I understand. But let us consider the deepstream-test1 sample app. It is not using X11 Xlib library but with nvosd we are getting the display. In a desktop system it provides icon name as unknown and the title name will be slimier to the file which I am executing. But in an NX device both the icon name and title name remain the same.

My question is that “How can i change the icon name from unknown to what it should be”.

I want to highlight the point that the same deepstream code when executed in an NX device that is Arch provides the icon name but when executed in an Desktop that is amd then icon name appears to be unknown.

I want the icon name to appear as deepstream-test1-app in the desktop system similar to what i get in the NX device.

Same DeepStream code executed in different architectures resulting in different outputs.

“it has nothing to do with DeepStream” is not helping the situation.

Didn’t heard from you. Any possible updates on the topic ?

There is no update from you for a period, assuming this is not an issue anymore. Hence we are closing this topic. If need further support, please open a new one. Thanks

This problem has nothing to do with cpu arch, only with your desktop environment

Please refer this link or this

You may get more info on the gnome forums or linux forums.

pls google such as how add icon to gnome desktop

Yes, I m also facing such kind of problem.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.