Deepstream closing itself - "unity-panel-ser" failed

Xavier agx
jetpack 4.3
DS 4

Hi,

I am experiencing a problem where deepstream will crash and return to the desktop without warning or message - it happens randomly: sometimes it will run for 24 hours without problem, but sometimes only a couple of hours before it crashes

I always get the same unity-panel-ser failed message in the syslog

Apr 26 20:11:09 jetson unity-panel-ser[7372]: window_menu_model_new: assertion 'BAMF_IS_APPLICATION(app)' failed

Apr 26 20:11:09 jetson unity-panel-ser[7372]: track_menus: assertion ‘IS_WINDOW_MENU(menus)’ failed

Apr 26 20:11:09 jetson unity-panel-ser[7372]: menus_destroyed: assertion ‘IS_WINDOW_MENU(wm)’ failed

when it happens I am able to restart deepstream and it runs will again for an unknown amount of time

Any help to stop this from happening would be much appreciated

thanks Chris

Somebody moved this to the deepstream section but I’m not convinced its a deepstream problem, I think it’s possibly an ubuntu/unity Xavier problem

thanks chris

Hey customer,
Could you try to use latest DS5.1 and Jetpeck to see if it can work, following Quickstart Guide — DeepStream 5.1 Release documentation

I’m not able to change over the latest version at the moment

Are there any issues using changing from unity to ubuntu(gnome) for the desktop manager?

thanks

Are you using Jeston or dgpu?

Xavier agx dev kit

Any reason you cannot use latest jetpeck and DS?

I plan to change over to the latest version when I am able but I cannot do that at the moment.

Not least because I don’t have the unit with me, I only have remote access

Also I still need to investigate the process of converting from DS4 to 5, at the moment the program can be restarted immediately and it will run for a few hours before crashing. Removing the unit, converting to DS5 and reinstalling will cause major problems to the testing

whilst it is running the system is working well, if I use a tee the output logs from the app show no information. The log just stops with no error messages.

I’m not sure its deepstream that’s failing, I think its something else.

Many thanks Chris

Any other suggestions for this? Or things I can do to try and locate the problem?

Thanks