Deepstream-image-meta example issue on jetson

apparently the new version did not solve the problem

Even in the new release deepstream 5.1 published in 0226

I haven’t looked at it in a while, but will install the latest jetpack and test. I will need to get this working at some point, the software will be running on the Jetson platform.

HI,
I just have a local try with latest ds 5.1 on Jetson Xavier, T4, with rtsp stream input, i can get the encoded pictures well, no green issues. please provide more info about issue you met and how.

Jetson NX RTSP or green in deep stream 5.1

Just tried on NX, encoded pictures well.
Did the issue happen with original sample or your customized sample? please specify more info and how.

using the deepstream-image-meta-test example I can reproduce the issue on Deepstream-5.1 on a Jetson Nano with the video file https://www.dropbox.com/s/1018z2wjpgudtkj/luma1080p_sample.mp4?dl=0

The file plays correctly and when ran on dGPU (1080ti) the image is correctly captured.

Jetson Nano image

Workstation 1080ti image

It must be something to do with the file (though it does play correctly) the sample 1080p h264 file distributed with the deepstream sdk works on both. The issue is that when I stream H264 from the camera that this file was captured from using RTSP I get green images on the Nano.

This problem also occurs in RTSP when I test

Yes that is where I first encountered the issue with streaming video from cameras over RTSP.

I found that a small number of IP cameras can, and the resolution is 1920 * 1080. I don’t know why, so please try to replace other brands of IP cameras to reproduce this problem.

Hi,
Sorry for the long delay.
There one temporary solution. adding nvvideoconvert component before a component where jpeg encode takes place. Set colorimetry to 601 in the caps of nvvideoconvert.
real fix will be in upcoming release.
attached the patch.
greenoutput.patch (3.0 KB)
I verified on my side, the green output issue gone.
cd /opt/nvidia/deepstream/deepstream-5.1/sources/apps/sample_apps/deepstream-image-meta-test
sudo patch -p0 < ~/greenoutput.patch
sudo su
export CUDA_VER=10.2
make
./deepstream-image-meta-test file:///home/nvidia/luma1080p_sample.mp4

Please test on your side and feedback. thanks.

1 Like