Deepstream input video is not upright

Hi,

I am using Deepstream 5.0 on my Jetson Xavier NX. I am running Yolo object detector and I have an input video file that is taken from a cellphone and is upright/portrait in orientation - 1080(width) x1920(height). When I ran deepstream-app, the video was lying down and not upright, thus, the Yolo model did not detect any objects. How do I make the video upright?
I have uploaded my config file for reference.
Thanks for the help.
deepstream_app_config_yoloV3_tiny.txt (3.9 KB)

Hi,
It looks like the orientation in the video file is wrong. Please check if you can change it through ffmpeg. May refer to

1 Like

Hi DaneLLL,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

For reference, when I am playing the video in the video players installed in Jetson, it plays correctly, it is upright.

So now I did the rotations and made 2 copies of the video by rotating 1 clock-wise and 1 counter clockwise, but the played video did not become upright. When I rotated 90 clockwise, the video laid on its right side, when I rotated 90 counter-clockwise, it laid on its left side, same with how it played the original video.

I hope you can help.

Thanks!

Robi

Hi DaneLLL,

I managed to reencode the video in my laptop using OBS Studio, I’d like to confirm that the video when played on OBS Studio also did lay on its side, and so, I rotated it first. The output video is now upright in Deepstream.

Thanks for the rotation tip.

Robi

1 Like