Deepstream-server annotates streamtiler nodes, and when a stream ends, EOS will be delivered to the videoconvert node causing a crash

Please provide complete information as applicable to your setup.

**• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU)jetson agx orin
**• DeepStream Version 6.4
• JetPack Version (valid for Jetson only) 6.0 DP
• TensorRT Version
• NVIDIA GPU Driver Version (valid for GPU only)
**• Issue Type( questions, new requirements, bugs) questions

When using deepstream-server, use within_multiurisrcbin: 1 disable-passthrough: 1
drop-pipeline-eos: 1. If you comment out the tiler node and see that EOS is being passed to the videoconvert node at the end of the stream, which crashes, how do you fix this

Thanks for the sharing! I are checking!

1. could you share the detailed reproducing steps? I can’t reproduce the crash issue. here is the detail.

code.diff (244 Bytes)
dsserver_config.yml (2.2 KB)
log.txt (3.6 KB)
2. could you use gdb to get the crash stack? Thanks!

Hello, this is the crash information obtained through gdb

from the screenshot, it crashed in nvvideoconvert plugin. In my last comment, I can’t reproduce this crash issue. are my reproducing steps different with yours? could you share the whole log? Thanks!

I don’t have a video output device, so I use pref-mode =1 and add tree->msgconv->msgbroker after osd nodes, I think later nodes should not affect previous nodes

please refer to my last comment. since I can’t reproduce this crash issue, if you can reproduce, could you provide a simplified code? including the source and configuration files. Thanks! You can use forum private email. please click forum avatar-> personal messages->new message.

This is my source code file, which includes cpp and yaml files. cpp sets perf-mode to 1 in the code
deepstream-server.zip (13.2 KB)

Here is a workaround. if not remove appctx.tiler when gst_element_link_many, the application will not crash.

I understand what you said, this is indeed the case in my test. At present, since I have no requirement for tiler, I would like to ask you how to avoid a crash if I comment out the tiler node

Thanks for the sharing! the issue is in closesource code. we will fix it in the later versions. in this Deepstream-server, please don’t remove tiler before nvvideoconvert.

Thank you very much for your answer. I would like to ask another question, can tiler node be set to pass-through mode? I haven’t seen relevant description in the document

please use gst-inspect to check or refer to tiler doc. There is no property to change pass-through mode.

There is no update from you for a period, assuming this is not an issue anymore. Hence we are closing this topic. If need further support, please open a new one. Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.