Deepstream-test1-rtsp-out doesn't output RTSP stream on VLC

Please provide complete information as applicable to your setup.

• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU) GPU
• DeepStream Version 6.1
• JetPack Version (valid for Jetson only)
• TensorRT Version 8.2.5.1
• NVIDIA GPU Driver Version (valid for GPU only) 510
• Issue Type( questions, new requirements, bugs) question

Hi, I’m trying to run the sample deepstream-test1-rtsp-out with its python-binding using docker on vscode. I run the docker with --net=host but when I use VLC to view the RTSP stream, the terminal raises sys:1: Warning: g_object_get_is_valid_property: object class 'GstUDPSrc' has no property named 'pt'. So I think port was mapped properly but somehow, VLC cannot view the stream.

The warning should have no impact on this issue. By using option " --net=host" you can use your rtsp://:8554/ds-testor or rtsp://127.0.0.1:8554/ds-test to play the stream on VLC.
Can you run deepstream_test1 in your environment? You can also check if your RTSP server is running or not by command “netstat -anp |grep 8554” (it should have one line in LISTEN status, or multiple lines in case host connected)

Hi @yingliu , I tried netstat -anp |grep 8554 from host and running python3 deepstream_test1_rtsp_out.py -i ... inside the docker container, the command show:

➜  ~ netstat -anp | grep 8554
(Not all processes could be identified, non-owned process info
 will not be shown, you would have to be root to see it all.)
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:8554            0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      126780/python3      
tcp        0      0 10.8.0.10:8554          192.168.137.139:39992   ESTABLISHED 126780/python3

However, VLC couldn’t show anything.

Hello @hoangtnm.cse Can you let us know the status of this issue? From the output of netstat we can see the RTSP connection is established, there should be stream on the host already.

I am facing the same issue. RTSP streams runs on jetson itself. But when I try to run it on VLC on another computer on the network, it doesn’t work.

I solved the issue by changing the port from 8554 to 8555 in the deepstream_test1_rtsp_out.py file.

I think that’s because when the program ends, it doesn’t free the port it was using.
What’s the proper way to end the pipeline? I think I force close it using cntrl-z

You need to wait until the app run to end, or you can refer deepstream-app how to quit the app gracefully. if you press ctrl-z, system resources may not be freed.