Delete reference crashes app

Hi,
Very often when I tried to delete a referenced object, the app will hang and crash. I have to save it in .usda and use an editor to remove the code. Is this a bug?

Hello @qazs! Could you please zip and attach your full logs found here: C:\Users\ [YOUR NAME] \ .nvidia-omniverse\logs so that I can have the dev team take a look?

Hi, attached the machinima log, I think you can see the error here, there’s this line:
2022-06-02 14:05:24 [224,101ms] [Error] [omni.kit.commands.command] Failed to execute a command: DeletePrims.

kit_20220602_220140.log (2.2 MB)

Hi every,

I’m experiencing the same issue. I’m using Isaac Sim 2022.2.1 (Windows 11). When I try to delete an object, the object is not deleted, and I get the following error in the console:

2023-10-11 00:54:19 [81,810ms] [Error] [omni.kit.commands.command] Failed to execute a command: DeletePrims.
  File "c:\users\juanjqo\appdata\local\ov\pkg\isaac_sim-2022.2.1\kit\extscore\omni.kit.async_engine\omni\kit\async_engine\async_engine.py", line 77, in _on_update
    self._loop.run_forever()
  File "c:\users\juanjqo\appdata\local\ov\pkg\isaac_sim-2022.2.1\kit\python\lib\asyncio\base_events.py", line 541, in run_forever
    self._run_once()
  File "c:\users\juanjqo\appdata\local\ov\pkg\isaac_sim-2022.2.1\kit\python\lib\asyncio\base_events.py", line 1786, in _run_once
    handle._run()
  File "c:\users\juanjqo\appdata\local\ov\pkg\isaac_sim-2022.2.1\kit\python\lib\asyncio\events.py", line 88, in _run
    self._context.run(self._callback, *self._args)
  File "c:\users\juanjqo\appdata\local\ov\pkg\isaac_sim-2022.2.1\kit\extscore\omni.kit.hotkeys.core\omni\kit\hotkeys\core\trigger.py", line 76, in _run
    self.__trigger(key_combination, pos_x, pos_y)
  File "c:\users\juanjqo\appdata\local\ov\pkg\isaac_sim-2022.2.1\kit\extscore\omni.kit.hotkeys.core\omni\kit\hotkeys\core\trigger.py", line 71, in __trigger
    hotkey.execute()
  File "c:\users\juanjqo\appdata\local\ov\pkg\isaac_sim-2022.2.1\kit\extscore\omni.kit.hotkeys.core\omni\kit\hotkeys\core\hotkey.py", line 75, in execute
    self.action.execute()
  File "c:\users\juanjqo\appdata\local\ov\pkg\isaac_sim-2022.2.1\kit\exts\omni.kit.menu.edit\omni\kit\menu\edit\scripts\edit_actions.py", line 177, in <lambda>
    lambda: cls.delete_prim(False),
  File "c:\users\juanjqo\appdata\local\ov\pkg\isaac_sim-2022.2.1\kit\exts\omni.kit.menu.edit\omni\kit\menu\edit\scripts\edit.py", line 570, in delete_prim
    omni.kit.commands.execute("DeletePrims", paths=paths, destructive=destructive)
  File "c:\users\juanjqo\appdata\local\ov\pkg\isaac_sim-2022.2.1\kit\extscore\omni.kit.commands\omni\kit\commands\command.py", line 459, in execute
    result = omni.kit.undo.execute(command, name, kwargs)
[...skipped...]
  File "c:\users\juanjqo\appdata\local\ov\pkg\isaac_sim-2022.2.1\kit\extscore\omni.kit.commands\omni\kit\undo\undo.py", line 77, in execute
    result = _execute(command, name, level, history_key)
  File "c:\users\juanjqo\appdata\local\ov\pkg\isaac_sim-2022.2.1\kit\extscore\omni.kit.commands\omni\kit\undo\undo.py", line 454, in _execute
    raise error
  File "c:\users\juanjqo\appdata\local\ov\pkg\isaac_sim-2022.2.1\kit\extscore\omni.kit.commands\omni\kit\undo\undo.py", line 415, in _execute
    result = command.do()
  File "c:\users\juanjqo\appdata\local\ov\pkg\isaac_sim-2022.2.1\kit\extscore\omni.usd\omni\usd\commands\usd_commands.py", line 961, in do
    self._temp_layers = self._remove_prim_specs(stage, to_be_removed_paths)
  File "c:\users\juanjqo\appdata\local\ov\pkg\isaac_sim-2022.2.1\kit\extscore\omni.usd.libs\pxr\Trace\__init__.py", line 78, in invoke
    return func(*args, **kwargs)
  File "c:\users\juanjqo\appdata\local\ov\pkg\isaac_sim-2022.2.1\kit\extscore\omni.usd\omni\usd\commands\usd_commands.py", line 915, in _remove_prim_specs
    Sdf.CopySpec(layer, path, temp_layer, path)

Best regards,

Juan

@juanjqo does it happen to your scenes in Isaac 2022.2.1 or can you repro on any scene including a basic setup? secondly, what prim were you deleting if you wouldnt mind to elaborate?