Deploying AI Applications with NVIDIA EGX on NVIDIA Jetson Xavier NX Microservers

Originally published at: https://developer.nvidia.com/blog/deploying-ai-apps-with-egx-on-jetson-xavier-nx-microservers/

Modern expectations for agile capabilities and constant innovation—with zero downtime—calls for a change in how software for embedded and edge devices are developed and deployed. Adopting cloud-native paradigms like microservices, containerization, and container orchestration at the edge is the way forward but complexity of deployment, management, and security concerns gets in the way of scaling.…

All things good up until running command:
helm install --name-template deepstream deepstream-helmchart/

error:
Error: failed to download “deepstream-helmchart/” (hint: running helm repo update may help)

~/deepstream-helmchart/templates$ helm repo update
Hang tight while we grab the latest from your chart repositories…
…Successfully got an update from the “stable” chart repository
Update Complete. ⎈ Happy Helming!⎈

error persisted.

Missing an import step for newbie:

helm create deepstream-helmchart

Tac,

You don’t need to run helm create as we provided instructions how to create a helm directory and how to add the files to helm directory.

Thanks,
Anurag G

I ran into a small issue following the doc. The doc has you name the Chart file chart.yaml. For me on a cluster of Jetson Nanos, I got the following error. I then renamed the file to Chart.yaml (capital C is key) and the deployment worked as planned.

kejones@jetson-nano-1:~$ helm install --name-template deepstream deepstream-helmchart/
Error: validation: chart.metadata is required
kejones@jetson-nano-1:~$ mv deepstream-helmchart/chart.yaml deepstream-helmchart/Chart.yaml
kejones@jetson-nano-1:~$ helm install --name-template deepstream deepstream-helmchart/
NAME: deepstream
LAST DEPLOYED: Wed Sep 30 18:26:51 2020
NAMESPACE: gpu-test
REVISION: 1
TEST SUITE: None

Thank you for the feedback, updated the doc with Chart.yaml. it should be good now.

Small nit – the instructions say to install calico pod-network addon but the example commands deploy flannel.

Thank You, Jacob will update according to that.

Thanks for the detailed instructions, I was able to make it to the end. Can you add some explanation on what the sample output (below, from blog) means. Also is there any image/video output (since supposed to be IVA example)? I didn’t see any.

$ kubectl logs deepstream-9f8b6b68d-rc5lq
**PERF: 101.42 (100.29) 101.42 (100.29) 101.42 (100.29) 101.42 (100.29)

Hi Sudesh,

Thanks for the following this blog. We will update the instructions about the video output for IVA.