Detection of one object among different objects

Dear community.
I have been working with the jetson TX2 since three years ago developing different robot applications.
Now, I am interested in developing a new drone application but I need to understand some basic topics in Human body detection. I know that running object detection can also detect human bodies, but here comes my question, How can I detect only one person among different people in a crowd? Or how can I select to detect only that person and ignore the others?

Hi,

Is this an object tracking problem?
Once you select which object to detect, the object tracker tends to find the same object across the frames.

Thanks.

well… to explain it well.
The robot I am building must follow the human body, so I am using object detection to detect a person but the robot must follow the first person the camera capture and ignore the other possible person appear after.
Do you have any advice on how can I achieve this?

Hi,

This is a tracking problem that wants to identify the same object in the following frames.

On Jetson, you can check Deepstream SDK.
There are some trackers (both DNN-based or CV-based) available in the library:

https://docs.nvidia.com/metropolis/deepstream/dev-guide/text/DS_plugin_gst-nvtracker.html

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.