Detectnet - Mounted frames

Hi,

I am doing a training test with images of types of apples, in the response of the system I am getting the squares mounted with the label.
How can I improve that answer?

Hi,

Do you want to merge the bounding box?
If yes, you can check the NMS algorithm:

Thanks.

Hello,

Yes, I want to stabilize the detection and that it recognizes with 1 single box and not 3 as shown in the attached image.

In what exact part of the code should it intervene?

Hi @agarcesc7, try decreasing the clustering threshold on this line in jetson-inference/c/detectNet.h:

https://github.com/dusty-nv/jetson-inference/blob/9bf55495d6a4ff1946dddbb0e81102d2d05f4952/c/detectNet.h#L483

By default the threshold is .75 (meaning the overlapping area needs to be >= 75% of the total area of the bounding box to be merged). So if you decrease that, it will more aggressively merge the bounding boxes.

After you change it, re-compile / re-install the code:

cd /path/to/your/jetson-inference/build
cmake ../
make
sudo make install

Hi Dusty. Thank you.

It worked! Is there an option to leave only the marked border and the fill without color?

Hi @agarcesc7, sorry there isn’t the option for that. You could disable the overlay entirely and draw your own bounding boxes (i.e. with openCV or similar)

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.