Device tree faile of JetPack 6

Previously, files added to ‘Linux_for_Tegra/source/public/hardware/nvidia/platform/t23x/p3768/kernel-dts’ were built and generated to ‘/arch/arm64/boot/dts/nvidia’.
However, JP6 DP did not use the file when it was added to ‘Linux_for_Tegra/source/hardware/nvidia/t23x/nv-public/overlay/’, but used the file in ‘Linux_for_Tegra/source/kernel/kernel-jammy-src/arch/arm64/boot/dts/nvidia’.
If I want to add a device tree file (for my camera), where should I add it? Is there any file that can help me?

Hi T.K,

We have some changes in device tree of JP6 with respect to JP5.
You could add to any one of device tree that you confirmed it is in use,
or just add a custom overlay dts for your custom configuration (for your camera).

Hi KevinFHi 、
Could you tell me how to build the device tree under the hardware directory?
Building with nvbuild.sh builds the device tree in the kernel/kernel-jammy-src/arch/arm64/boot/dts/nvidia directory, but I don’t know how to build the device tree in the hardware directory.

Please refer to the following instruction to build kernel image and dtb for R36.2.
Kernel Customization — NVIDIA Jetson Linux Developer Guide 1 documentation

I tried, but stumbled on step 4 of Building the Jetson Linux Kernel.
Are all up to step 4 the same path?
As of step 4, the directory < install-path >/Linux_for_Tegra/rootfs or /Linux_for_Tegra/kernel does not exist and an error occurs.

Yes.
It should be run under Linux_for_Tegra/source, which you’ve entered into during Step1.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.