__device__ variables __device__ variables required to be allocated using cudaMalloc??

I have a stupid question .

I declare

device int x ;
device long int y ;
device unsigned int z ;

I want to use them in my kernel so that these variables should retain their values across several kernel launches .

Do I have pass to them as arguments during kernel launch ?? Do I have to allocate them in device memory using cudaMalloc?
If so what is the syntax for it ? cudaMalloc(&x,sizeof(int)) ,etc. will work ?

If I don’t pass them as arguments to kernels , can I access them from kernel accurately ???

I have a stupid question .

I declare

device int x ;
device long int y ;
device unsigned int z ;

I want to use them in my kernel so that these variables should retain their values across several kernel launches .

Do I have pass to them as arguments during kernel launch ?? Do I have to allocate them in device memory using cudaMalloc?
If so what is the syntax for it ? cudaMalloc(&x,sizeof(int)) ,etc. will work ?

If I don’t pass them as arguments to kernels , can I access them from kernel accurately ???

You don’t need anything more than those declarations (outside of the kernel’s scope). Just use them as normal variables.

If you want to initialize them from the CPU, you’ll have to use cudaMemcpyToSymbol().

You don’t need anything more than those declarations (outside of the kernel’s scope). Just use them as normal variables.

If you want to initialize them from the CPU, you’ll have to use cudaMemcpyToSymbol().

Thank you very much for your quick reply .

Thank you very much for your quick reply .