DeviceQuery.exe has stopped working

Hi, I have been trying to get CUDA up and running for about a week now and I just cant seem to get it up and running. Having compiled the samples in Visual Studio 2015 I have created the devicequery.exe, however whenever i run it in cmd it starts and then a pop appears saying this device has stopped working and then crashes. I just can’t seem to get it to work. Can someone please help me?

It almost certainly means your install is broken, somehow. I’m not able to diagnose further from the information here. There is a long list of verification questions that would have to be walked thru, to find out if the install was done correctly or what may be the problem. For example, do you have a CUDA capable GPU? If so, what GPU is it, what driver is loaded, and what version of CUDA do you think you installed?

Rather than go thru this extensive process, you might be better served simply by downloading the latest version of CUDA 8 for your system and try the install again.

• Yes I do have a CUDA capable GPU

• I have a NVIDIA Quadro P600

• Driver Version is: 21.21.13.7748

• CUDA Toolkit 8.0

• Windows 10

• Visual Studio 2015 with correct Compiler

I have re-downloaded and installed the drivers and toolkit multiple times.

I have Visual Studio 2015 with the correct compiler installed, all as per instruction in the documentation online.

I can compile the project

However when I try and run one of the .exe file (devicequery.exe, for example) it fails. In the Visual Studio Debugger I get the error message:

The thread 0x1f78 has exited with code 0 (0x0).
Unhandled exception at 0x00007FF85CFBA0E0 (nvcuda.dll) in deviceQuery.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x0000000000000010.

Looking at the .cpp source code it fails at line 62:

cudaError_t error_id = cudaGetDeviceCount(&deviceCount);

I don’t know how many more times I can keep using the DDU to do clean uninstalls and reinstall of the CUDA Toolbox and the latest NVIDIA drivers, it just doesn’t seem to work.

In device manager are there any yellow bangs associated with the P600?

What happens if you try the latest 382.05 driver?

[url]Quadro Desktop/Quadro Notebook Driver Release 381 | R381 U2 (382.05) | Windows 10 64-bit | NVIDIA

It should not be necessary to use DDU.

No Yellow bangs, will report back later this evening on whether that other driver works. Thx for your comments.

Yep still did NOT work, and on top of that now my third screen won’t stop flickering. Other two screens are fine. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled everything just to be sure.

In visual studio the code throws the following error in debug mode:

The thread 0x3208 has exited with code 0 (0x0).
Unhandled exception at 0x00007FFE5EC60370 (nvcuda.dll) in deviceQuery.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x0000000000000010.

and a notifcation also pops up to say that nvcuda.pdb could not be found. I don’t want to give up on NVIDIA, but I feel I am about to.