Difficulty cross compiling the Jetson TX2 v. 4.2.2

I am running the following commands in order to cross compile my custom kernel. All of these commands happen within ///Linux_for_Tegra/sources/kernel/kernel_4.9:

sudo make mrproper
sudo make ARCH=arm64 O=$TEGRA_KERNEL_OUT CROSS_COMPILE=$CROSS_COMPILE INSTALL_MOD_PATH=$INSTALL_MOD_PATH LOCAL_VERSION=-tegra tegra_defconfig
sudo make ARCH=arm64 O=$TEGRA_KERNEL_OUT CROSS_COMPILE=$CROSS_COMPILE INSTALL_MOD_PATH=$INSTALL_MOD_PATH LOCAL_VERSION=-tegra menuconfig

I then make the changes I wish to apply within the menuconfig dialog

sudo make ARCH=arm64 O=$TEGRA_KERNEL_OUT CROSS_COMPILE=$CROSS_COMPILE INSTALL_MOD_PATH=$INSTALL_MOD_PATH LOCAL_VERSION=-tegra -j8

menuconfig and tegra_defconfig all make with no issue, however when the -j8 command reaches the modules portion of the compilation, I receive the following error:

WARNING: could not open drivers/misc/mods/mods.dtb.S: No such file or directory

and the cross compile will stop. Has anyone ran into this similar issue and knows how to resolve it? My env variables are as follows:

DEVDIR=~/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_4.2.2_Linux_GA_P3310/Linux_for_Tegra
TEGRA_KERNEL_OUT=$DEV_DIR/images
INSTALL_MOD_PATH=$DEVDIR/rootfs
CROSS_COMPILE=/usr/bin/aarch65-linux-gnu

I have been able to consistently cross compile the 4.2.1 version, and I don’t remember running into this issue, nor do I have documentation to help me resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help,
Ben

@ben
This just a warnings it won’t failed to build the kernel image.

WARNING: could not open drivers/misc/mods/mods.dtb.S: No such file or directory