DIGITS New Image Classification Dataset: Folder does not exist

Hi forum,

I’m developing on the Jetson TX2 running Jetpack 4.3 with a host system running Ubuntu 18.04 LTS. I’ve been going through the Two Days to a Demo tutorial, but I’ve gotten stuck on importing the first classification dataset.

After downloading the image recognition dataset and generating the directory structure and links, I get the “Folder does not exist” error when I try to import the classification dataset. In addition, the DIGITS client shows a different root directory structure than exists on either the target or host system?

Thanks!

Hi,

First, please noticed that the dataset should be downloaded to the host system rather than Jetson.

Here is a similar issue that related to the permission.
Could you check if the suggestion of Luck also works for you?
https://github.com/NVIDIA/DIGITS/issues/1809

Thanks.

Hi,

I have downloaded the dataset to my host system and not the Jetson.

I tried different combinations of lukeyeager’s suggestion, but none of them worked.

My working hypothesis is that the DIGITS client is accessing some filesystem that is not my host system. The web interface shows a different root directory structure than my host system root directory, as shown in the attached images.

Thanks.

Screenshot from 2020-03-05 09-13-23
Screenshot from 2020-03-05 09-13-54

Hi,

Sorry for the late update.

Are you running the DIGITs server on your host system?
Based on the implementation, the directory should be the system DIGITs run on.

Thanks.

Hi,

I am running the DIGITS server on my host system. However, the directory that is displayed in the DIGITS interface is not the directory of my host system.

Thanks

Hi,

Sorry for the late update.

We setup a host and confirm that DIGITs can load the host folder without issue.
Please noticed that DIGITs will open the host folder that has digits-devserver running on.
It won’t be the device that use for opening the DIGITs website.

If this issue goes on, could you restart or reinstall DIGITs to see if helps?

Thanks.