Direction value for NvdsAnalytic plugin DS 5.0

Please provide complete information as applicable to your setup.

• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU) Jetson
• DeepStream Version 5.0
• JetPack Version (valid for Jetson only) 4.4

I am wondering if there is a way to add more tolerance to the direction vector used for the line counting in the nvanalytics plugin?

Basically I am trying to count people crossing a line and want more tolerance on the angle of crossing the line.

Have you tried add the config item similar as following in your nvanalytics config, just different direction and the same virtual line, let me know if this can work well on your side.

line-crossing-Entry1=772;799;819;946;623;952;1061;926
line-crossing-Entry2=936;464;954;183;623;952;1061;926

Yeah sorry if it was not clear, I am able to get a line and get counting happening using the virtual line. The issue is that when a person cross the line at a sharp angle, the plugin doesnt count them. I assume this is because there is a calculation made that the detection and previous detection are used for a direction vector and this is compared to the direction set in the line crossing.

I was wondering if there is a tolerance in the direction, say if the line direction is set at 90degress, it counts 20 degress either side?

In DS 5.0 DP release, we cannot support the feature, you can wait for the coming release which will support it.

Currently, you can try to add direction vec for the same virtual line like comment 2 and angle between the 2 vec more than a threshold, you can set the threshold 60.

1 Like