Disable Gnome initial setup first login

Hi guys,

I want to disable Gnome initial setup first login and create our own default account. I have modified file gnome-initial-setup-first-login.desktop at /etc/xdg/autostart path by adding # before Exec= line and custom.conf at /etc/gdm3/ in folder sample rootfs Jetpack 4.6, building then flashing OS. Howerver it didn’t work. Could you guys give me some advises ?

Thank you so much !

You can modify the account to have this already completed when flash is done. There is a script for adding a user on the host PC prior to flashing. That script modifies the “Linux_for_Tegra/rootfs/” which is used for creating the rootfs image. See the script found here:
https://forums.developer.nvidia.com/t/jetson-nano-all-usb-ports-suddenly-stopped-working/75784/37

EDIT: Note that in more recent releases the above script, “l4t_create_default_user.sh”, is included. You might not need to download this script for some releases (I’m not sure which releases, but unless my brain does not remember this I see the script on a newer release which I don’t remember downloading to).

1 Like

Thank you so much for you help. It works like a charm !

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.