Disable HDMI in device tree TX2

Hello, I’m using my own carrier card and I’m looking for the correct location to disable the HDMI. I’ve previously did this for the Tegra TX1 by doing the following…

%kernel_source%/arch/arm64/boot/dts/tegra210-platforms/tegra210-ers-hdmi-e2190-1100-a00.dtsi

and set status = "disabled" here:
hdmi-display {
status = "disabled";
compatible = "hdmi,display";

I believe the correct location for the TX2 DTS files are here now:

hardware/nvidia/platform/t18x/quill/kernel-dts

However I do not know which files I’ll need to modify and what lines need to be modified.

Thanks in advance

Let me follow up by saying I’m seeing lots of these errors in my serial console.

[  483.386491] tegradc 15210000.nvdisplay: sanitize_flip_args: WIN 3 invalid size:w=0,h=0,out_w=0,out_h=0
[  483.786694] tegradc 15210000.nvdisplay: sanitize_flip_args: WIN 3 invalid size:w=0,h=0,out_w=0,out_h=0
[  484.589101] tegradc 15210000.nvdisplay: sanitize_flip_args: WIN 3 invalid size:w=0,h=0,out_w=0,out_h=0

Since I don’t plan on using a display ever would I want to just disable nvdisplay or hdmi? With either what is the correct changes to dtb?

Thanks

I guess you might use the wrong way to update your dtb. Could you share how you update it?

Updating is just fine. I was asking which file I should modify for TX2.

I think I figured it out. Do the following:

1. Modify tegra186-quill-p3310-1000-a00-00-base.dts
  2. Change the following dts path /host1x/sor1/ parameter hdmi-display status = “disabled”
  3. Recompile dtb
  4. Flash system.

This seemed to stop all the nvdisplay errors. Can you confirm?

Hi GimpMaster,

What I noticed is that those errors should not present at all under normal situation, so I would like to know how to reproduce them. As I remembered, there was also such topic because that user was using custom carrier board. Do you also use custom carrier board?

Your steps looks correct. Please try to disable it and see if the error is gone.

Wayne,

I can confirm that my steps listed above do remove the error. Yes this is a custom carrier board.

Thanks