Disable/Ignore collisions calculations between Controller and Object?

Is there any way, using a callback or flags, to completely avoid collision response between a Controller and a kinematic actor.
Im receiving onShapeHit() callbacks from a colliding pair, which means they already interacted. Ive tried returning PxFilterFlag::eKILL for this kinematic controller and kinematic object, but onShapeHit() is still triggered, Im guessing this is because the controller system is built on top of physx?

What I would like to do, it completely ignore/avoid any physics calculations or callbacks on a controller and a specific kinematic actor, essentially have them pass right through each other.

Im leaning towards making the kinematic a trigger shape actor, but Id like to know it its possible to make two objects in general ignore each other completely?

Edit: I remember physx 2.8 or so, had collision groups represented by flags, whats the direct replacement for that, assuming thats what it did (avoid all calcs)

Edit: Although im detecting the collisions in the filter shader and returning eKILL, the problem seems to be with the move() call in the controller, there doesnt seem to be a way to stop calculations between a ctrler and objects hit as the result of the ctrlers move() call. Unless ive overlooked something.

Hi,

Although im detecting the collisions in the filter shader and returning eKILL, the problem seems to be with the move() call in the controller,

I believe you are correct, this has nothing to do with contacts because the character controller move() is based on scene queries. Are the kinematics in question enabled with eSCENE_QUERY_SHAPE as well as eSIMULATION_SHAPE? I think that if you remove the eSCENE_QUERY_SHAPE flag, the character controller should not see them. I’ll bring this post to the attention of someone with more expertise in character controllers than I have, to verify my suggestion.

–Mike

Thanks,
Mike