Disable the "license aquired" popup

Hi,

our Windows 10 VDI users are getting the following notification every time the log in: "NVIDIA GRID license aquired"
Is there a way to disable this message completely?

Regards,
Philipp

Hi Philipp,

there should be a way to disable these kind of messages. Please open a support case to get some advise what needs to be done.

regards
Simon

Hi Philipp

Do you have a solution for this?

Thank you.

Regards,

If this is a real issue, please open a support case and ask for the RegKey to disable the messages. Increased demand for this will show the necessity and so it might be officially documented in one of the next releases.

Hi Philipp,

registry values for configuring the NVIDIA GRID Licensing components are described in the NVIDIA GRID Licensing User guide.

https://docs.nvidia.com/grid/latest/pdf/grid-licensing-user-guide.pdf

I only found the following Value:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\GridLicensing
DisableExpirationPopups
(REG_DWORD) 1 (Disable PopUps)
(REG_DWORD) 0 (Enable PopUps, default Value)

Obviously its not responsible for the licensing notifications but for the expiration of licenses.
I think thats worth a feature request for a future version !

Regards, Markus

Hi guys,

as I said already there is a key available already. Please open a support ticket so that it gets tracked and you will get the Regkey required. This will help to get it documented officially soon.

Regards

Simon

Hi Martin,

I mentioned the reason above! Bypassing official paths (support case) is not really helpful. This will only help to get it never documented as there is no indication for a real need.

regards
Simon

Simon - OP was asking why not just publish this as a KB if you know how this is supposed to work so it helps others in the future. Now I have to do the same thing, open a ticket just to get a simple answer AND deal with level 1 help after spending millions of dollars for NVIDIA licenses and products.

Not sure what you mean. This is an old thread and the regekey above is already documented properly.
https://docs.nvidia.com/grid/8.0/grid-licensing-user-guide/index.html

regards
Simon