Disable Video During Bootup TK1

I am using NVIDIA TEGRA TK1 based custom board and I want to disable my video during bootup. I want that whenever filesystem is loaded, only then my display should be enabled. How can I do that ?

No sure what does this mean, please help to provide more info. Thanks

During bootup kernel logs start printing on HDMI display. I had stopped the printing logs by removing console=tty1 from kernel options in /boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf file. This disabled the printing of logs however screen still gets black during that time. I want my display to enable only when the filesystem is loaded and my default application starts running.

Hi,

It is not possible. When the kernel is up, it will unblank the display, and the desktop gui will take some time to launch. The time that display already powered-on but black is for this situation.

Thanks WayneWWW,
Is there any possibility that we disable the HDMI driver in kernel and only enable it when the system boots up?

Hi,

Is there any possibility that we disable the HDMI driver in kernel and only enable it when the system boots up?

I am not sure if you really understand what you are talking about. Your comment is contradicting to itself…

The kernel is enabled during the time when system boots up… That is why a system can boot up… Any OS relies on the kernel to make it able to boot up.

I think you need to clarify what is the definition of your “system”, because your system actually sounds like the “desktop” but not the OS itself.

sir by system I mean “Root Filesystem”.

I want HDMI driver to be enabled by user space application.

Hi,

The HDMI driver is always enabled so that it can wait for the command from any of your application.

The difference is whether the monitor is “blanked” or “unblanked”.

No matter under what time you “unblank” the monitor, there would always be a period that the monitor is powered on and black. It is not possible to prevent that.

OK
Thank you for confirming this.
When the monitor is blanked, does it mean that there will be no color data on the display however hsync and vsync shall be valid ? which results in black screen.

The monitor can only render things from your side when it is unblanked.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.