Display does not fit properly

Hi,

I have connected jetson tx2 to my TV screen and the resolution does not seem to look proper. Menu on the left is only partially seen. How can I fix it?

I’ve not had the issue myself, but some monitors do allow modes which are not quite “native” by means of cropping and/or resizing. I would guess the first thing to do is post the “/var/log/Xorg.0.log” and see what this shows. You might also list “xrandr” output.

Can you also post the output of:

sudo -s
cat `find /sys -name edid`
exit

It sounds like your TV is the problem – it sounds as if it implements “overscan” which means that it cuts out the edges of the input video signal. Older TVs did this because the edges of analog signals (NTSC, PAL, SECAM) looked bad, and they hid those artifacts from customers. Some digital TVs then carried this idea over to digital signals, because “cargo cult engineering” is a real disease.

If you’re lucky, your TV has a menu option somewhere that disables overscan, and you can see the screen out to the edges. On some TVs, this is called something weird like “computer mode” or somesuch, rather than just “overscan.” If you’re not lucky, you may need a different TV to see the full active visual area.