Display port output sometimes distorted

I have 2 Jetsons Nano 4GB, one from Nvidia, one from Yahboom. Both sometimes suffer from distorted pixelated output. I believe that the problem is with the Jetsons, not with the monitor. Turning the monitor OFF/ON does not solve the problem. Switching among the 4 possible monitor inputs does not solve the problem. Unplugging the DP cable from the Jetson and plugging it back solves the problem 100% of the time. I am using a 10 Ampere power supply.

Hi, the one from Nvidia is devkit, right? Have you tried another DP cable? Do you have the log info of that?

Yes, the devkit, revision B01, 945-13450-0000-100. I have not tried a different cable, but the cable works fine with other computers. No, I do not have any log data. I am a jetson newbie, which log should I collect/inspect?

Please share me dmesg and /var/log/Xorg.0.log with monitor connected.

dmesg001.txt (106.8 KB)
Xorg.0.log (24.7 KB)

Attached. Thank you for looking into this. Please note that I have 2 sessions open at this moment - a local GNOME session and a remote xrdp session (that is where I am typing this message). The problem started before I installed/configured xrdp - there is no connection.

Hi,

Sorry for more requests here.

1. Do you have 1080p monitor can test here? and share the logs

2. Could we get a video about how this distortion looks like?

3. Is it possible we just reflash it with pure sdkmanager (no xrdp installed) and test it again if this still there? As you said this only happened to one device, it has chance to go through RMA so want to check with fresh software.

It happened (repeatedly, about 50% of the time) with 2 jetsons. The devkit that I listed earlier, and another kit from Yahboom. My workaround is to disable screen sleep. The problem always happened either right after boot, or when waking up from screen-sleep. I posted my inquiry here to see if others have a similar problem. It seems that it is not the case. I will live with this small bug I do not want to spend much more effort on this, nor to return the kit. Thank you for looking into this.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.