Displayport output doesn't work as framebuffer

I am using a (production) Xavier NX module in the carrier board from a Nano devkit. I have connected the displayport output to a 1920x1200 LCD panel (2-lane eDP).

I had previously set up a custom cboot logo as well as psplash to show a splash screen before the X server starts. This works fine when using an HDMI display, but when using DP no splash logo is shown (i.e. neither cboot nor psplash work, black screen). Further, using ctrl-alt-Fn to switch from X11 to a tty, the screen is completely black. So, it seems that while DP works with X11, it doesn’t work with anything that will use the linux framebuffer directly (like psplash).

I have also seen a report of this elsewhere: https://github.com/OE4T/meta-tegra/discussions/870#discussioncomment-1841065

I am using L4T 32.6.1.

How can I make this work?

Thanks,
David

boot-uart-output.txt (27.8 KB)
dmesg.txt (72.4 KB)

I now have the cboot logo working - this was unrelated to the use of displayport and was caused by the display’s mode not being in the hardcoded list of supported modes in cboot. So I patched it to add the modes I need, and then I get my boot logo there.

Good, thanks for your sharing!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.