DisplayPort output issues

I am trying to connect a displayport output using the USB-C Alt mode. I have a USB-C to Displayport adapter and then a DP to mDP cable going to a 2 panel display but only one is displaying an image. 2880x1600 90Hz

Google Photos

The output of xrandr shows the display is connected and lists the expected resolution as selected.

Google Photos

I’ve also tried a USB-C to mDP cable and both displays will flicker but have an image displayed. Both cables are 2 m, so I am looking to find a 1m version to try as well.

Has anyone driven high refresh high resolution displays successfully?

Are you using single port on Xavier or dual ports? Actually, this mode seems not support.

I updated to the new release on JetPack 4.2 and the displays seem to be working fine with either the USB-C to mDP cable or the USB-C to Displayport dongle and a Displayport to mDP cable.

To solve the display port problem in the Jetson TX and Xavier NX you have to use an active adapter from the display port of the board to the HDMI of the monitor. If you use a passive adapter it will not work. Buy an active DP->HDMI adapter instead. I found some good ones in amazon:
Active DP to HDMI

Active DP to HDMI