Do you have a plan to publish the documentation of NVIDIA Optical Flow SDK?

Currently, we can get information of NVIDIA Optical Flow API only from header file.
Do you have a plan to publish the documentation of NVIDIA Optical Flow SDK?

Seconded, im feeling pretty lacking on documentation. I finally got everything compiling and built, but a bit clueless as to how to actually use it now

I wrote a quick guide on how I got the NVOF examples compiled and running on my computer

1 Like

Hi andrew.quitmeyer, I found that NVIDIA published NVIDIA Optical Flow Programming Guide.
https://developer.nvidia.com/optical_flow_sdk/downloads/programming_guide

@dandelion1124 You can build the docs from the comments using Doxygen, but I agree, this should probably be published somewhere more obvious.

1 Like

Hi @lonnie.souder and welcome to the NVIDIA developer forums!

There is no need to build the docs from source, unless you want all the details provided through Doxygen.

The Programming Guide is part of the SDK download. And for online browsing you can find Optical Flow docs in our documentation center, specifically under “NVIDIA Video Technologies - Optical Flow SDK”.

And all of this is linked from the Optical Flow landing page.

I hope this helps!

1 Like

@MarkusHoHo Thank you for your information!

The provided programming guide is a good start, but it lacks a great deal of useful information. End users should be given detailed docs for the full API. This should include all public-facing classes, functions, etc.

Hi lonnie.souder,

We are constantly working on improving our documentation, sometimes it is difficult for NVIDIA as the developer of the API to identify the exact shortcomings.

So if you have good specific examples on which useful information is actually missing, I am more than happy to pass that on to the people in charge of the documentation.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.