Docker installation is failing on Jetson TX2 after upgrade to L4T 32.7.1

I have just flashed my Jetson TX2 with JetPack 4.6.1 on L4T 32.7.1. I had to do this using a custom build and then manually flashing, rather than using the SDK manager. I used the Ubuntu 18.04.5 base image for my root file system, and installed the required packages on top of it such that activate_binaries.sh succeeded.

However, when I tried to install and run Docker on the Jetson following these instructions: Installation Guide — NVIDIA Cloud Native Technologies documentation, I am unable to get past the step of installing docker-ce. The daemon fails to start with the following error:

failed to start daemon: error initializing graphdriver: devicemapper: Error running deviceCreate (CreatePool) dm_task_run failed

And when I run “dmesg” I see this:

[   92.235768] device-mapper: ioctl: error adding target to table
[   94.732327] device-mapper: table: 253:0: thin-pool: unknown target type
[   94.739095] device-mapper: ioctl: error adding target to table
[   97.227228] device-mapper: table: 253:0: thin-pool: unknown target type
[   97.233972] device-mapper: ioctl: error adding target to table
[   99.719035] device-mapper: table: 253:0: thin-pool: unknown target type
[   99.726338] device-mapper: ioctl: error adding target to table
[  633.934664] device-mapper: table: 253:0: thin-pool: unknown target type
[  633.941317] device-mapper: ioctl: error adding target to table

I have run Docker’s check-config.sh and everything that is listed as required shows as present, as well as the kernel requirements for devicemapper except for “CONFIG_DM_THIN_PROVISIONING” which is shown as “missing.” However, I did not enable this on my previous kernel build (which ran L4T 32.2), and Docker ran fine on that version.

I have tried using overlay2 as well, but Docker claims it does not exist.

Sorry for the late response, is this still an issue to support? Thanks

Hi,

Please noted that nvdocker is integrated into docker as a plugin.
Could you try the below command to install it?

$ sudo apt install nvidia-container*

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.